torrified wheat

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agree with Clibit, there. I've had much more useful info from here than some of my LHBSs, although one of them is great.

Also I have invested in a couple of books, which has helped but which go into rather too much detail than I really need. However in the future, perhaps I'll think them too simplistic!

This is yet more evidence that people in LHBS's really don't know much about making beer at all. A knowledgeable one is a rare thing in my experience. You will honestly benefit more from taking advice from home brewers who make beer regularly. The people who make the beer kits largely give bad advice too. Making beer regularly teaches us what works and what we like. We won't all agree, but you'll find a lot of agreement about key things.

These guys have a small micro in the back, and if i'm not mistaken occasionally have an open brew day.
Morley Homebrew Shop on the outskirts of Leeds.
Pretty well stocked with a cracking selection too.

These guys have a small micro in the back, and if i'm not mistaken occasionally have an open brew day.
Morley Homebrew Shop on the outskirts of Leeds.
Pretty well stocked with a cracking selection too.

There is a link to them in the 'LHBS by County/Region' thread. As and when I get more I will add them to the list.

Latest posts

Back