Vimto wine recipe please?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
750 grams sugar
1 litre bottle vimto
mix sugar with vimto and boil gently for 15 mins in a pan to allow any preservatives to boil off and then skimmed scum off.
allow to cool to room temp
add to DJ, add cold water to shoulder only
Then add
1 teaspoon of youngs yeast
1 teaspoon of youngs nutrient

OG around the 1.100 mark

Hey all, vimto still bubbling away for 2 weeks now, but I have a question how do I bottle it. Do I go down the wine route C T stabilise it then finings or do I bottle and prime.

Jock

Drunken_Jock said:
Hey all, vimto still bubbling away for 2 weeks now, but I have a question how do I bottle it. Do I go down the wine route C T stabilise it then finings or do I bottle and prime.

Jock

IMHO it's entirely up to you if you want it sparkling or follow the usual route for still wine.

More of a Cider than a wine but thought people might be interested,
Smells amazing with a great colour, just primed becasue i wanted it fizzy and bottled it so not
had chance to taste but so far I'm cuffed to bits with it!
Credit for recipe to some guy called geezah on jimsbeerkit

Turbo Vimto

3 litres of apple juice
1 cup of strong tea (2 bags steeped for 20 minutes)
150g of sugar
Juice of 1 fresh lemon
1 litre of Vimto cordial boiled for 20 minutes to remove additives
1 heaped teaspoon of yeast nutrient
1 packet of SB3 yeast
SG 1.080

Topped up with more apple juice after 24hrs

I generally give it 10-12 days in the demijohn, rack it off on to a fresh DJ and let it settle for a day then bottle it up with no sugar.
Drinking it any time after bottling it, although the longer you leave it the less alcohol you taste and it goes from smooth to even smoother.
It generally comes in around 9% and is very enjoyable.
Everyone who has tried it has been gob-smacked by it.

Hi,

I started a dj of this last night but am only getting 1 bubble through the airlock every minute or so. Is this usually a slow starter or have I done something wrong?

hey second2none,

with the turbo vimto you say you bottle it with no sugar, is this because there's enough sugar left in the brew so you dont need to prime or that you dont want it fizzy?

Rab

tubbss said:
Hi,

I started a dj of this last night but am only getting 1 bubble through the airlock every minute or so. Is this usually a slow starter or have I done something wrong?

I've just started the turbo vimto yesterday too and only gettin 2-3 bubbles a minutes and it's not frothin up but is quite cold in my house so maybe thats to blame??

wahey!
thats my turbo version on now, floating at just over 1.080, looking forward to this one although my liver doesn't feel too keen.

just racked into clean DJ tonight, tastes absolutely brilliant! Gonna bottle it into 500ml bottles and prime at the weekend.

Will 1/2 teaspoon of sugar be ok?

Woohoo just bottled a batch of the turbo vimto today and I gotta say its lavly :D
Doesn't taste that strong but accordin to my calculations its 10.5% :twisted:
Tastes a bit koppaberg mixed fruit ciderish but nicer
Gonna try the cherry vimto next time
Cheers for the recipe its a beaut :cheers:

i am etting some of this bad boy on the go tomorrow, got everything apart from the yeast.

started mine last night but it does not seem to bubble much, in fact none at all really, there is brown yeast on top and it looks a bir frothy but thats about it.

Anyone care to calculate the amounts required for a 5 gallon batch? :grin:

Would it be ok just to multiply all of the values by five?

i added 1 crushed campden tablet and 1/2 tea spoon of potssium sorbate to mine just to be sure, is that the right thing to have done?

Latest posts

Back