Auto siphon

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liamf89

Reaction score
Has anyone replaced the small rubber donut washer in the auto siphon and could tell me size I need .made the stupid mistake of washing mine in boiling water from immersion chiller and since then the seal is not as good and siphon is not working very good at all

....before you start siphoning put some of the beer down the inner tube on top of the seal. It will be fine then.

Cheers

Clint
So just put wee bit or the beer in the top and it will make a better seal can I not get a new rubber washer for it do you know worked great first few times till my stupid mistake now takes couple pumps to get it going and worried I'm adding air to beer with splashung

...yep that's it..I use a sterilised turkey baster. You could get a new seal but if it's like mine the beer works better...

Cheers

Clint

...yep that's it..I use a sterilised turkey baster. You could get a new seal but if it's like mine the beer works better...

Cheers

Clint

I do use the good old turkey baster too so will give it ago see how I get on thanks :thumb:

I have a real issue with my AutoSiphon - I keep pumping it and it just pulls in so much air, will the beer in the top solve this too?

I have a real issue with my AutoSiphon - I keep pumping it and it just pulls in so much air, will the beer in the top solve this too?

Once you've pumped a couple of times and beer is in the pipe you stop and let physics do it's thing. Works best if fermenter is higher then bucket so gravity helps.

Latest posts

Back