Conan x WLP644 Hybrid Yeast

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still interested here. I am brewing round 4 of my NEIPA this weekend. My latest attempt was really getting close, it is nicer than some I have purchased! (finally getting there).

Trying WL007 this time. Then will try yours next time.

Still interested here. I am brewing round 4 of my NEIPA this weekend. My latest attempt was really getting close, it is nicer than some I have purchased! (finally getting there).

Trying WL007 this time. Then will try yours next time.

Hi tobi I've just bottled mine this week using 007 aswell how do you fancy a bottle swap?

Sure, though I only have left some bottled batch 2 (from the week before batch 3) which isn't as good (wrong water conditioning, higher mash temp). Want to wait until my batch 4 is ready?

Sure, though I only have left some bottled batch 2 (from the week before batch 3) which isn't as good (wrong water conditioning, higher mash temp). Want to wait until my batch 4 is ready?

Sure I'll wait until your next one I'll send you one of mine in the meantime. I haven't tried it yet though it's still carbing up, so no idea if it's any good. Send me a pm with your address and I'll get one in the post.

This is really interesting thanks Steve, I though it was only wild yeast that had the ability to produce spores and combine with other strains, with all replication in brewing yeast done via budding (mitosis) hence the limit to the number of times you can wash brewers yeast.

I will read Kristoffer blog with interest.

This is really interesting thanks Steve, I though it was only wild yeast that had the ability to produce spores and combine with other strains, with all replication in brewing yeast done via budding (mitosis) hence the limit to the number of times you can wash brewers yeast.

I will read Kristoffer blog with interest.
Honestly I have no idea mate, you clearly know more about it than I do though :D

Just to keep this up to date, this is the brewday thread for my first use of these yeasts in a NEIPA.

Honestly I have no idea mate, you clearly know more about it than I do though :D

Haha, only because I'm halfway thought this book!

9780937381960.jpg

A little knowledge being dangerous right :lol:

I'll hopefully be getting these posted in the next few days so could I have the addresses for:
@Tobiasbeecher
@Jon474
@Krispn

I think I have everyone else's address.

These were sent out this afternoon to the following people, still waiting on addresses for the others:

@Iainm
@Clarkeuk
@Ajhutch
@stigman
@leon103

Because there are two different strains, I have just selected them at random, so if you get a white "quantum brewery" cap then it's the standard F1 strain, if you get a plain silver cap then it's the C4 variant. They were only bottled yesterday so give them a couple of days to carb.

Excellent. I haven't brewed in a while, but what better incentive than cultivating some of this to do a NEIPA.

Thanks Steve, mine arrived today. Looking forward to trying it :drink:

Thanks Steve, mine arrived today. Looking forward to trying it :drink:

I sent you one of each since I owed you one from before, but I'll get another bottle of that Westy clone out to you soon too.
This (again) isn't a fantastic example of a NEIPA, but it accomplished what I wanted, which was to showcase the yeast strains and their differences, so in that sense it was a success.

I sent you one of each since I owed you one from before, but I'll get another bottle of that Westy clone out to you soon too.

This (again) isn't a fantastic example of a NEIPA, but it accomplished what I wanted, which was to showcase the yeast strains and their differences, so in that sense it was a success.

Brilliant, thanks! I'll look forward to tasting them both. I only sent you two so no need to send me another, kind of you to offer though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mines arrived as well, thanks Steve, I'll have to think of something to make with it now, I'll be sure to send you one when ever it's ready.

Cheers steve
Just returned from holiday and what a better way to start your working week but to find some beer mail
[emoji106][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back