Anyone up for a secret-santa type swap for crimbo?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the spirit of openness it's not my idea :oops: I may have stolen it from another forum which used to organise this every year, though that forum sadly seems to have atrophied recently.

There used to be a similar Xmas and summer swap on this forum - the first bottle of HB I ever swapped was for the Xmas swap in 2013.
Looking at the recipe now I feel quite sorry for the person that got my bottle :lol:

It's a really great idea and looking forward to being involved although I feel a bit like whoever gets my beer, its the equivalent of a lump of coal in the stocking...

To be fair, I don't mind drinking it so can't be that bad!

Current list:

1. Strange-steve x 2
2. Sdt7618 x2
3. MickDundee
4. IainM
5. DavidHatton
6. Martybhoy1980
7. pvt_ak x2
8. Ajhutch
9. Dexter101 x3
10. Dan125 x2
11. Badseed1974
12. Jceg316 x2
13. chub1
14. Kman
15. Kohoutec
16. Beercat
17. Oneflewover
18. Jakeyboi
19. Dads_ale
20. Dad_of_jon
21. Stevey
22. MagnusTS
23. Stigman

Last edited:
To those on the list, if you haven't done so already could you please PM me your postal address :hat:
Still waiting on the following:
@mickdundee (could have sworn we swapped before but I can't find your address)
@badseed1974

Thanks, and still plenty of time for everyone else to get your name on the list :D

Last edited:
Pop me down for one please Steve. I would have said 2 but I'm a bit short on shoe boxes atm (my prefered packing choice) as for what to send it could be anything from a pink grapefruit ale to a big belgian quad, but whatever it is it will be over 5% :lol:

PM sent, count me in :thumb:
P.s forgot to say just for one, thanks.

Last edited:
Go on Steve count me in pal.
I posted you out a bottle today that had your hybrid yeast in. its a single hop oat dipa not what I had planned for it but I got a load of cluster hops from HB club. We had a single hop challenge.

Go on Steve count me in pal.
I posted you out a bottle today that had your hybrid yeast in. its a single hop oat dipa not what I had planned for it but I got a load of cluster hops from HB club. We had a single hop challenge.

Done and thanks for the beer, sounds interesting :thumb:

There used to be a similar Xmas and summer swap on this forum - the first bottle of HB I ever swapped was for the Xmas swap in 2013.
Looking at the recipe now I feel quite sorry for the person that got my bottle :lol:

There's a coincidence, I was in that same swap and it was my first too, a dark mild which probably wasn't that good in hindsight but the recipient was very kind :lol:

There's a coincidence, I was in that same swap and it was my first too, a dark mild which probably wasn't that good in hindsight but the recipient was very kind :lol:

This is my first swap .... I’m perspiring now !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To those on the list, if you haven't done so already could you please PM me your postal address :hat:
Still waiting on the following:
@mickdundee (could have sworn we swapped before but I can't find your address)
@badseed1974

Thanks, and still plenty of time for everyone else to get your name on the list :D

PM sent Steve. We haven’t swapped before - I was going to enter the forum comp when you were judging but I didn’t have the beer ready for the deadline

I'm in, I've never tasted anyone else homebrew, really really looking forward to it. And I've never had any feedback on mine from anyone else who makes beer.

This is my first swap .... I’m perspiring now !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol: Sorry I didn't intend to put anyone off and don't worry, my current beers aren't any better than they were back then!

Updated list:

1. Strange-steve x 2
2. Sdt7618 x2
3. MickDundee
4. IainM
5. DavidHatton
6. Martybhoy1980
7. pvt_ak x2
8. Ajhutch
9. Dexter101 x3
10. Dan125 x2
11. Badseed1974
12. Jceg316 x2
13. chub1
14. Kman
15. Kohoutec
16. Beercat
17. Oneflewover
18. Jakeyboi
19. Dads_ale
20. Dad_of_jon
21. Stevey
22. MagnusTS
23. Stigman
24. MmmBeer
25. AlanManley x2

Last edited:
25 is a good number, looking forward to this, just started the kids on a Pringle feast....:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back