Bag in a box for beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davemc

Reaction score
This may have been covered before, I did do a search and couldn't find anything. I am doing a brew for New years eve to take to a party. it's a bit last minute and due to other brews I don't have a spare corny. I could put it in a pb but it may have a leak if it does I am considering putting it in a 20l bag in a box.

Does anyone use these for beer, I know some micro breweries do and as my brew will be consumed quickly I know it's not going to be an issue but I wondered how long you can keep beer in one of these once its been opened for it still to be in good condition?

try searching for the term 'Polypin' a bit more substantial than the mylar bag in boxes usually associated with wine..

you should get a reasonable shelf life from beer in a polypin as it collapses with the beer being withdrawn, Only suitable for low conditioned beers and you do run the risk of loosing all condition if left on the shelf too long once started.

Back