Crisp malt

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint

Forum jester...🏅🏆
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all
Need to order some more malt and seen the crisp ale malt from malt miller. ..£25 +£3 for it to be in 5.5 kg bags,crushed. Any good?
My first batch of ag has been with pre crushed mo from fawcetts (I think!). Looking at increasing my efficiency to see if the mm crush will make a difference..reviews support an increase....

Cheers

Clint

I always used crisp crushed malt when I has a 1BBL pilot brewery as it got slightly better efficiency than the other one we tried that I can't remember. But I gave a sack to a home brewer and he said the crush was to fine and he got stuck sparges so I swap for another sack of the same and it was fine. We bought it from Charles Faram and it was always only a week or 2 old no idea how fresh it is from malt miller and with a name like that they may crush it themselves.

The malt miller crush when the order is prepared so as fresh as you can get pre-crushed.
I find crisp's as good as any I have used in 40 years of brewing.

Been using the Crisp pale(uncrushed) from Geterbrewed mainly as it was a cheaper option than some other malts on their site.Found it to be fine.:thumb:

I used Crisp for my last brew and, despite spilling loads on the floor, ended up with good efficiency. God knows how high it would have been if I hadn't spilled so much!

If it's efficiency you seek, I've seen no other malt come close to Hook Head from the HBC. Quality is top-rate and less than 20 notes for 25Kg.

I got 25kg of crisp from geterbrewed about a month ago. Came in at less than 25 delivered.

Can't say much for effeciency yet though

I tried the Crisp 'clear choice' Extra Pale from GEB and was suitably impressed. Efficiency as good as usual and my beer is lager-clear in just 2 weeks in the cold using WLP007 without finings and there's no chill haze.

My efficiency shot up when I switched from the Irish malts from GEB to Crisp. I’ve been very impressed with them.

Here is Rob, the maltmiller telling us the malt is milled when they prepare the order.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8J3-Rjcfo4[/ame]

Latest posts

Back