'Allo!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeB

Reaction score
Hi there :thumb:

Thought I'd say hi before I started to bombard everyone with daft questions :grin:

I used to do a lot of brewing in the late eighties and early nineties as a teenager/student. Used to do pilsener lager kits and whilst I got very efficient at it, it was always an acquired taste (but as a skint student I didn't care). No doubt I will be better at sterilisation techniques this time, but I am intrigued at the many comments I've seen that state just how much better the kits are these days.

For info I've bought this: http://www.brewuk.co.uk/store/micro/complete-woodfordes-starter-equipment-set.html and it was such a stonking deal that I got two of them. £120 for 160 pints and two of everything seems pretty awesome to me :party:

So a quick question: assuming everything goes OK with these kits, just how close to pub beer is it? Got my brew day planned for Saturday and rather giddy with excitement :D

Hi and welcome. :)

For me, I think with a little care and practice you will get beer better than the pub. Unless it's a pub micro brewery :shock:

craigite said:
Hi and welcome. :)

For me, I think with a little care and practice you will get beer better than the pub. Unless it's a pub micro brewery :shock:
That's the kind of thing I wanted to hear :D Even with kits?

Latest posts

Back