Hop Growing 2011

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I were given the plants last autumn they were already 2 years old got them growing up 2 10 foot grow poles then onto horizontal wire. Next year ill have a better growing system. I put them in good compost mixed with loads of manure.

Cascade and Centennial are about ready. I think I will be harvesting shortly!

IMG_5431.jpg

IMG_5340.jpg

IMG_5339.jpg

Baz

phettebs said:
Cascade and Centennial are about ready. I think I will be harvesting shortly!

IMG_5431.jpg

IMG_5340.jpg

IMG_5339.jpg

Baz

I am of course in no way envious at all looking at that lot makes me:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: to the stomach, I have had two failed years of Hop growing so far. :( :( :(

UP

Sorry Shane. :-(

Notice the rows of corn in the backdrop? That is prime crop growing soil where these hops live. We really don't do a whole lot to them. I'm just lucky to have a fertile area and climate in which to grow them.

Hi Jim.. :thumb:
The hops are "Prima Donna", going to harvest this weekend all being well....cold up norf ya know.. :eek:

Got my rhizomes yesterday: Kent Goldings, Cascade, Early bird, Fuggle, Northdown, and Target. First year growing hops, so we'll see how they go. Anyone have experience with these varieties? I'm guessing a few folk got to be growing Goldings and fuggles?

Latest posts

Back