Micron size...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint

Forum jester...🏅🏆
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all
I currently use a 100 micron filter bag in my hop spider for filtering pellets. While zero bits get through I'm beginning to thing circulation during the boil may be hampered. Also when I lift the filter it will hold wort and needs a good squeeze..which I do anyway to get the hop goodness from any late additions.
What size filter could I possibly go to before risking substantial amount of pellet getting through..200,300?

Cheers

Clint

Hello all
I currently use a 100 micron filter bag in my hop spider for filtering pellets. While zero bits get through I'm beginning to thing circulation during the boil may be hampered. Also when I lift the filter it will hold wort and needs a good squeeze..which I do anyway to get the hop goodness from any late additions.
What size filter could I possibly go to before risking substantial amount of pellet getting through..200,300?

Cheers

Clint

Interesting question Clint, since I was thinking of getting a spider and then realised that pelleted hops would probably just leach through. Probably stick to bags

I have a 300 micron stainless steel spider and I reckon that's too fine, hardly seems to be any flow-through at all. I'd go for something like 500 if I was to buy another one.

Got a 400 micron to try in today's brew....

20171011_124443.jpg

Latest posts

Back