Coopers, Canadian Blonde Review

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bonsworth said:
This is my first ever brew, started today. Some really great advice on here so hopefully i have taken all on board and a good brew will prevail?

I have the FV in an outside room with heater on. Will be keeping an eye on the temp, but so far room temperature is steady at 20C. I have a brew belt if its starts getting to cold, but im hopeful i will be able to keep a steady temp in here? (Preety cold in London at the mo)

OG was 1035. Its been in the FV for around 7 hours and i can just see a build up starting in the top of the FV. Cannot wait to start giving it some of this :drink: But im gonna be patient as i want this to be a success so as to build on the hobby.

If anyone would like to add some advice, i am all ears! I will come back on for an update as things progress.

Cheers

Tony
Drop the temperature mate to maybe 12 to 16c mate and let it forment for 2 to 3 weeks im told is best for for this brew. I had to bottle mine early... long story ,leak at tap and panic. I have it conditioning in the warm cupboard at the moment. The sg reading on mine at bottling was 1016 or 1018, but i had no choice but to bottle because of the leak.

Hi again
24 hours in and im getting a head in FV, and what looks like a mountain coming up from one side. is this normal?

Thanks in advance

Tony

The temperature advice i gave you in a previous post, i read on another thread , just last night. I brewed my canadian at 20c because i thought it was the best thing to do. Apparently you should brew lager at a much lower temp. Im not sure if the canadian blonde is supplied with a lager yeast, if it was the lower temps eg 12c are best. Im learning and passing on any help to other learners :thumb: Any way, a very enjoyable hobby... keep us posted :cheers:

Thanks Bottler.
Not sure if it is a lager yeast or not? At the mo its at 18c.

Cheers

Tony

Dont worry mate, it will be fine. Mine is in the warm cupboard after bottling for about 10 days now and its nice and clear already [even sampled 2 warm ones :oops: and its good] :thumb:

Hi All

I have had this fermenting now for 2 weeks with an OG of 1.034 (which seemed a bit low?) and has now stopped at 1.010 for the past 4 days.

I was going to bottle it but I had a little taste first and it seems a bit too sweet. Do you think that it has finished fermenting or is there anything that can be done to lower the sweetness?

I started with 25 litres which may have given the low OG as I see a lot of you going between 20-23L, 1KG Brew Enhancer 1 & Safale US-05 yeast. It has been at 18-20C for the duration.

Any suggestions?

:cheers:

bottle it mate, leave it 2 weeks in the warm and as long as you can in a cool place after, sure it will be fine, mine ended at at 1.010 aswell

dont worry about what its doing 4 days in just leave it alone for two weeks and then see what you have

Hi chaps.
I have an FG of 1050. I am cold crashing for 2 days (will bottle tomorrow).
It's quite clear but not crystal clear, and tastes like flat beer, with a bit of bitterness to it.
I just wanted to check that this was normal before bottling?

Thanks in advance

Tony

bonsworth said:
Hi chaps.
I have an FG of 1050. I am cold crashing for 2 days (will bottle tomorrow).
It's quite clear but not crystal clear, and tastes like flat beer, with a bit of bitterness to it.
I just wanted to check that this was normal before bottling?

Thanks in advance

Tony
Your fg cant be 1050 mate??? Opps i see mmaguy41 beat me to it :thumb:

Yeah mate it takes time to become drinkable. I had a problem getting my canadian blonde down, took ages then sprung a leak at tap on fv so had to bottle at 1018 or loose the brew, so 1005 is brilliant mate :thumb:

Dont worry how it tastes now, the flavour will be very different after a few weeks conditioning time in the bottles, i personally really enjoyed this kit

Thanks for the replys.
I actually had another slow stir on day 5 as I was sure it hadn't all firmented. 3 hours later there was a nice white head all over the brew. Made it cloudy, but is quite clear now.
I'm hopeful of a decent pint?

Cheers lads

Tony

Latest posts

Back