Facebook

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm an admin on my own forum (not a brewing forum but I might put a section up for it since I've returned to home brewing) and I've noticed a decline in some members who now favour faceache over a forum. I'm reluctantly on faceache but I very rarely look on there and find it a right pain when I do. I much prefer a proper forum as it's far superior for our purposes or my own than faceache or one of the other derivatives.

You obviously dont frequent the Snug very often do you :lol:

Haha! My mental image of most threads in The Snug is the fellas in the pic below shouting their painfully ill considered opinions on gender inequality and identity, racism, religion and politics at me :)

Back to the original thread: I'm a member of the UK Homebrewing Community, which seems a friendly and reasonably active group; The All grain homebrew group which is OK and the UK Craft Beer Forum which has lots of interesting beer discussions but is filled with the world's worst humans

(Edit) Caveat: I do prefer the THB forum format though...

3183637827.jpg

I'm an admin on my own forum (not a brewing forum but I might put a section up for it since I've returned to home brewing) and I've noticed a decline in some members who now favour faceache over a forum. I'm reluctantly on faceache but I very rarely look on there and find it a right pain when I do. I much prefer a proper forum as it's far superior for our purposes or my own than faceache or one of the other derivatives.

I think a lot of people are like you and prefer a 'traditional' forum to discuss brewing related matters rather than faceache where you have to do much scrolling to get to anything intersting.
THBF membership has never looked better due to this and we get a good regular incoming of new members every week (not all post of course and just lurk)

I would also like to add that I am part of JBK's FB group and would post on there with questions and help people out every so often, but someone wrote on the FB page that it's actually not good for the JBK community. It means the website is used less which has consequences: JBK gets less revenue from ads, the forum doesn't look like it's being used as much as it is, this has knock on effects for SEO - so it's less likely to appear in Google searches. Facebook gets all the benefits which JBK should have.

I'm on the UK Homebrewing Community FB page, a good bunch of people and idiots get chucked off rapidly
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1462243574076790/?ref=nf_target&fref=nf

But I prefer this forum, it's more enduring and is more like a library which you can search: FB is "fire and forget". I don't think I've learned anything off FB but I've learned a huge amount off this and other forums.

Latest posts

Back