Evnin' from west Yorkshire!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paper_lady

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]Hello everyone,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hope all is good. I’m Siobhan, from West Yorkshire (if you hadn’t guessed from the thread title). I’ve been wine making on and off for far more years than I’m willing to admit to! My Grandad got me started with a book by C.J.J.Berry when I was 18, used to love watching his demijohns bubble when I was a kid.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Started off on kits and now I’m experimenting with things like baobab, matcha powder and anything else I can think of to play with. Would love expand from wine at some point to beer or ales but we haven't the space (allegedly).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It's taken me a while to say hi not just because finding time and head space has been difficult lately but because it felt a bit daunting at the moment I've 7 demijohns of elderflower on the go as that's everyone's favourite. I was taught to do it old school - 6 months in the demijohn and 2 years in the bottle (not that it makes it that far!).

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I’m look forwards to actually joining in with threads for a change and having a two way conversation with other people who’ve caught the brewing bug (instead of feeling like a bit of a voyeur). [/FONT]

at the moment I've 7 demijohns of elderflower on the go as that's everyone's favourite. I was taught to do it old school - 6 months in the demijohn and 2 years in the bottle (not that it makes it that far!).

I don't have the space, time or patience to make proper wine so got into making supermarket juice wines a few years ago they have become popular with members who like to experiment with different juices, more info here http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=49462

It's taken me a while to say hi not just because finding time and head space has been difficult lately but because it felt a bit daunting at the moment I've 7 demijohns of elderflower on the go as that's everyone's favourite. I was taught to do it old school - 6 months in the demijohn and 2 years in the bottle (not that it makes it that far!).

Welcome, we don't bite! :)

Hi Siobhan, and welcome! 2 n 'arf years for making elderflower eh? Bet it's good stuff. Not sure I could be that patient though. I used to make elderberry by the 5 gallons-at-a-time method, when I was young. But gave up when my liver started complaining. :-?

Hi Siobhan, and welcome! 2 n 'arf years for making elderflower eh? Bet it's good stuff. Not sure I could be that patient though. I used to make elderberry by the 5 gallons-at-a-time method, when I was young. But gave up when my liver started complaining. :-?

To be fair I struggle to make it last that long! 5 gallons sounds good though.

Welcome along! My homebrew beers (I have only done 2) take up as much space as my wines (only done 2!) as I just do Demi John size batches. Its disappointing to only get 10 bottles out of it but enjoy doing it and am upgrading at Christmas to be able to do larger batches.

Keep enjoying what you are doing :)

Dex

Latest posts

Back