Post Office ineptitude

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chub1

Reaction score
Been to our main post office this morning to post a bottle of beer.Went to self service counter and was aske d what i was posting,must go to main counter,oh ok.
15 minute wait before getting served:twisted:. Was then told that i couldn't post it by two different staff,will hasten to add all either indian or Sri lankan or whatever(sorry if that offends) who simply could not understand what i wanted to do and can barely speak decent english!.Thrust a paper at me saying read this read this.After more argument with them simply saying no no,restricted item they refused to let me post it.
Needless to say they got a gob full and i stormed out. Have printed a paper with allowed goods and will take it back on friday and then ask to see a supervisor. Tried talking on chat via web site and was taken around and around in circles before being told i couldn't be helped:twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted: W#####s

Nightmare. I have a copy of the leaflet with the section highlighted that clearly shows beer is allowed. I've got into a reasonable relationship with the people behind the counter in the PO near my office, they know I'm a brewer who sends bottles occasionally.

There's a simple way around this. Tell them it's a vial of plutonium and when it's opened it will destroy the world. They'll eye you up and down for a bit before realising it's a joke, then take it from you cheerily whilst pointing to the greetings card selection.

Or lie and tell them it's jam.

Exactly this, if you know you're right which in this case he is definitely right.

The restricted/prohibited list is here. Beer less than a litre per bottle is clearly allowed if packaged like they tell you. Print it out and take it with you next time.

Exactly this, if you know you're right which in this case he is definitely right.

The restricted/prohibited list is here. Beer less than a litre per bottle is clearly allowed if packaged like they tell you. Print it out and take it with you next time.
Have done so mate ta.

No problem sending beer as long as you follow their instructions on packaging.

Restricted items - http://www.postoffice.co.uk/mail/uk-what-can-i-send

sssssssssssss.jpg

The woman in our post office is a right lazy moo. There was a sign up saying there would be no post office after 2:30 pm as someone has phoned in sick..it was 1pm and I had a parcel to post (dog grooming hair dryer)I've posted many of these over the years for repair so I know I can post them. Firstly she tells me I can't post it as it LOOKS heavy. I prove her wrong by putting it on the scales! Then she says it's too big and can't go behind the counter as it will be in the way....I says that won't be a problem as there's no staff after 2:30....and told her to stop moaning and get on with it. She had a face like a cracked **** pot!

Not long back I sent a girl at our works to the post office with a parcel of steel components which weighed 35Kg. Ye that's right - 35Kg. I dunno how she managed to get it from her car to the counter but they said "no weigh"( way, geddit?). So she had to lug it back to the car and return it to work so's it could go on the overnight courier. Of course, being such a mean dude I knew all that would happen and I found the whole episode most amusing.

Not long back I sent a girl at our works to the post office with a parcel of steel components which weighed 35Kg. Ye that's right - 35Kg. I dunno how she managed to get it from her car to the counter but they said "no weigh"( way, geddit?). So she had to lug it back to the car and return it to work so's it could go on the overnight courier. Of course, being such a mean dude I knew all that would happen and I found the whole episode most amusing.

I doubt that a single part of that story surprises even a single person!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The woman in our post office is a right lazy moo. There was a sign up saying there would be no post office after 2:30 pm as someone has phoned in sick..it was 1pm and I had a parcel to post (dog grooming hair dryer)I've posted many of these over the years for repair so I know I can post them. Firstly she tells me I can't post it as it LOOKS heavy. I prove her wrong by putting it on the scales! Then she says it's too big and can't go behind the counter as it will be in the way....I says that won't be a problem as there's no staff after 2:30....and told her to stop moaning and get on with it. She had a face like a cracked **** pot!

And this illustrates perfectly why the PO is the sort of organisation that has to put signs up telling you not to punch the staff.

And this illustrates perfectly why the PO is the sort of organisation that has to put signs up telling you not to punch the staff.

We ought to have some saying 'please don't punch the customers'. Some of em are so dense I don't know how they get dressed of a morning.

Got this posted off yesterday. Same post office but a lady who could understand and who knew what and what not could be sent.
Actually asked me whom i spoke to,i pointed down the line to said person,she threw her eyes in the air ,said ah ok and appologised .

Many years ago I worked as a temporary postie at Xmas delivering parcels. Some of the old hands would test the packages to see if they 'glugged' a bit when moved about. And then if they did, they might be 'accidently' dropped onto a hard floor and a few suitable containers quickly provided to catch the contents. If they were lucky it might be a malt whisky that poured out of the soggy brown paper. In that case little was wasted.

Latest posts

Back