16-tap ‘beer wall’

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Is this the way forward for pubs?

Reading University introduces self-serve 16-tap ‘beer wall’
A university has introduced a self-service 16-tap "beer wall" at its student union, allowing students to buy beverages with a single tap of their debit or credit card.
Reading University claims the wall can allow them to increase their capacity to serve more customers.
BBC news.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdFlGbg9P60[/ame]

great??
so in the future we can look forward to
"computer says you got your pint, sling yer hook.."
from the remaining single server @ spoons.

btw when did the cast of deliverance enroll @ reading university??

I thought any type of alcohol vending machines were illegal in the UK, but maybe they get round it by the key thing. Also I agree with Fil.

Long time ago but probably the way forward for when I was at Uni. Any event in the Students Union would see the relatively small bar 10 deep with students and it was very much everyman for himself so you'd have to work your way to the front without shoving too many people and get your order in for as many pints of badly cellared Directors as you could carry. Still managed to get drunk to the point of it being difficult to stay upright though :D

I heard something about a month ago about a pub in Stockton on Tees which had installed a self service 'craft lager beer wall'. I assume it's similar to this. It was on the BBC local news so I'll see if I can find anything on the BBC website.

I agree with Graz. In my day the Uni bar used to be hell to get served at and to be served anything beer flavoured and get away was all you wanted. This has to be good news for them. Contactless is fantastic. I've used cash about 3 times this year.

I am the total opposite it just doesn't feel right to me paying for a pint on card and I use average of £20ish cash a day.

Latest posts

Back