Cornelius keg first go!!!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BREWERS DROOP

Landlord.
Reaction score
Right folks,I have 2 kegs off a forum member and have never used these before,so I am hoping someone can give me some good advise.

I currently only have the s30 gas can,how long would this last on 2 kegs?
Also looking at the adaptor for the s30 is £30 bit expensive to me.
The brew I have on is ready for the keg in 2 weeks,and I need to keep it for around 3 months,any tips or advise welcome.

Also any companies you know of for getting the gas bottles.

Right folks,I have 2 kegs off a forum member and have never used these before,so I am hoping someone can give me some good advise.

I currently only have the s30 gas can,how long would this last on 2 kegs?
Also looking at the adaptor for the s30 is £30 bit expensive to me.
The brew I have on is ready for the keg in 2 weeks,and I need to keep it for around 3 months,any tips or advise welcome.

Where you based?

Those s30 looks cool. Never heard about them. I think they’d be great for camping.
On a second note you’ll blow lots of cash trying to find adapters and things to make new stuff work. Just break down and get a regulator and a full size co2 tank. You’ll end up spending the same cash. And as you move up with kegs, you’ll need more gas to carb and serve your God nectar.

You will need to have a think about whether you want plain Co2 or a mixed gas and then go from there, a pub regulator will typically be for a mixed gas these days which will give you a creamier head and good lacing, Co2 will have a different connection though you can get an adapter to use if need be.

So think on what you want to serve and then see how local you can source the gas, there are a lot of suppliers in England. A 6kg pub bottle should last you a very long time provided you have no leakage.

Where you based?
Burton on Trent
I had a hambleton bard s30 valve spare so adapted the lid by using my steel cutter,but found I couldn’t get the lid on daaa.So I found a brass valve which is a lot shorter thread and it’s working,trouble is,I don’t know what pressure I have,so what now

48423F7C-506C-4803-9FC7-14379DC5EC93.jpg

Last edited:
Google the beer and gas man, they claim they will deliver anywhere in the Midlands and Burton upon Trent is certainly in their catchment area,�£50 one off deposit for a pub sized bottle and �£12 inc vat to exchange delivered to your door,next you need the reg and just a cheap party tap and a length of beer line which is pennies,don't bother with S30 as in the long run they will cost you more and the bottles tend to stick open with them icing up.been there many times
http://www.thebeerandgasman.co.uk/

You will need to have a think about whether you want plain Co2 or a mixed gas and then go from there, a pub regulator will typically be for a mixed gas these days which will give you a creamier head and good lacing, Co2 will have a different connection though you can get an adapter to use if need be.

So think on what you want to serve and then see how local you can source the gas, there are a lot of suppliers in England. A 6kg pub bottle should last you a very long time provided you have no leakage.
So C02 and mixed gas? i brew bitters and ipa and some dark beers,love a nice head retention and nothing very carbonated/fizzy stuff,just plain ales

Google the beer and gas man, they claim they will deliver anywhere in the Midlands and Burton upon Trent is certainly in their catchment area,��£50 one off deposit for a pub sized bottle and ��£12 inc vat to exchange delivered to your door,next you need the reg and just a cheap party tap and a length of beer line which is pennies,don't bother with S30 as in the long run they will cost you more and the bottles tend to stick open with them icing up.been there many times
http://www.thebeerandgasman.co.uk/
what gas valves do you use?

Latest posts

Back