WLP775 for Turbo Cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

periolus

Landlord.
Reaction score
Okay - I have good things about White Labs WLP775 cider yeast and am wondering if this would be suitable for Turbo Cider made from concentrated apple juice? Is the yeast very expensive? I currently use Youngs Champagne Yeast and it's okay, but I think I could get a much nice flavour using a more 'appropriate' good quality yeast.

Anyone else have any suggestions for a good yeast for TC?

It would be marvellous albeit a bit overkill for TC. I'd do it without doubt though. I use dried 'cider' yeast currently. Comes out nicer than champagne yeast which I find makes TC overly dry with the juice I use out here. I'm not keeen on 'fizzy' cider as well so I don't like champagne yeast in TC. The difference will be stunning if you use the White Labs yeast, I guarantee it :thumb:

That sounds very encouraging - I will try it! I think I will do some split batches with a recipe I have grown to like and use champagne yeast, dried cider yeast and WLP775 for a comparative test that will see me with TC through to late spring! Hooray!

Latest posts

Back