Belgium style kits.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orval62

Apprentice
Reaction score
Looking for a reliable Belgium style kit to produce beer similar to Duvel or Orval. Any recomendations?

Brewferm's Diablo is a Duvel style. Very good when I did it a couple of years ago. Also like their Grand Cru. Would recommend both.
Andy

Thanks Andy I will have a look at these. I am currently fermenting a Brewferm Abbey kit.

Brewferm's Diablo is a Duvel style. Very good when I did it a couple of years ago. Also like their Grand Cru. Would recommend both.
Andy

I brewed Diablo and loved the results. If I had a brewing shop near by I would buy more of these but the amount of bottles you get out of these doesn't work out so well when having to get it posted. Next time the is an offer somewhere on line though I will stock up.

Brewferm kits are the closest you'll get but their yeast isn't much good and Belgian beer is all about the yeast. Diabolo will be the closest to a Duvel but with the kit yeast it lacks the spiciness. You'll not get anywhere near an Orval with a kit as it has all sorts of different funky yeast in it.

You can quite easily grow Duvel yeast from the dregs of a few bottles if you've got a container you can use to make a starter in and some DME. I'm about to try putting Westmalle yeast in an abdij kit I had kicking around but think it would be good to try the Duvel yeast in Diabolo if you're thinking of doing it anyway.

There are loads of good guides around to show how to do this but drop me a PM if you want me to explain it.

Latest posts

Back