Australian pale ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jam

Regular.
Reaction score
Has anyone done Australian pale ale please? If so is it worth a go

It's popular. Pale, not very bitter. I would dry hop it myself for more hop flavour.

Yes, let the fermentation die down, add hops, bottle five days later.

I did this with 35g total dry hop of First Gold and Cascade in equal parts, but if I did it again I would only use Cascade.
I have also found it definitely needs leaving alone. Mine is now five weeks on from bottling and is far more drinkable than at two weeks.

Yes, its good as a base ale that can be dry hopped or like me adding honey to. I agree that it needs a few weeks in the bottle before trying.

I did the coopers australian pale ale last week using falconers flight & equinox, us05,been in fermenter since the 01/09/15,
1 kg brewing sugar,500g dry light malt extract, 19 ltr & 3ltr pat cap experiment on going, got a taster today,very clean taste, strong cascade flavour,very cloudy thou, will put into secondry this weekend digits crossed.

Honey when do you add that then cause that sounds nice and how much do you put in?

To be honest it was all guess work and didn't wrk out as planned. If I was doing all grain I would add about 500g 5 minutes before end of boil but because it was a kit I didn't know what to do. I ended up putting in about 300g when I made the kit up as 200g during priming stage but it's now over primed.

Latest posts

Back