Juicing Pears

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starky5

Reaction score
I have a pear tree in the back garden with loads of pears on it so I'm going to have a go at making some pear cider. One problem I have is that I don't have a press, I was going to cut them up then put them in a blender and then put them in my fermenting bucket with a bit of water and stir them lots for a few days before straining the liquid out and starting the fermentation process.

Does this sound like it should work ok?

Once they come out the blender put them between two baking trays and squash them.If you have a tray with grease drip holes put that one on the bottom so the juice can run out into your FV. If you have vices to push the trays upgraded it works better.

I will upload pics of mine for you.

154d47b6.jpg

a900ca87.jpg

Simple, cheap and pretty effective :thumb:

I think the trays only cost me 80p each and too :p

When I tryed it with Apples it took a massive amount of effort to gain a tiny amount of juice but when I done it with Pears it was ALOT easier!

I've never tried this myself but I've seen it suggested that you don't blend or mash the pears because they go too much like mush and you get bits of pear in your brew.

Rather just freeze them whole and then defrost them. Then the skins will keep lots of the bits inside, while the freezing process has separated the juice from the solid.

Once defrost them, press them as per Marrsy's method.

Back