Beaverdale kits

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tramps Vest

Reaction score
I have just put together 2 Beaverdale kits. 1 is a Californian white and the other a Pinot Grigio. The destructions say to add all of the liquid ie 4.5 litres.
If this bubbles up, it would go up the trap. The last 2 Muntons kits advised to fill up to the shoulders and then top right up a few days later.
I have not topped right up just in case this happens, but does anyone else do these Beaverdales and is this an issue? will it be ok to top up when i know that the wine has settled down a bit in a couple of days?
Cheers - TV.

I've never noticed major foaming with Beverdale, but I have only ever done 30 bottle kits, so there has been plenty of headspace in my FV. As for keeping some back I don't see a problem if you keep it chilled for a few days.

Cheers Bob - I did not keep any back. What i mean is top up with water after a couple of days later.
It has all started ok with plenty of yeast ferment action that can be seen through the DJ. There is a bit of foaming, but nothing major, so if it is still the same in the morning i am going to top right up.
These Beavers are about a third again in price, compared to the Muntons - I just hope that they are a step up in quality as well.

Whites tend not to foam as much as reds but there is no harm in keeping a bigger air gap for the first few days.

Beverdale :thumb: You will not be disapointed.

OP - This is true! When i got downstairs this morning, there was zero foam, which was great and allowed me to top them right up.
I have invested in a brew belt as the kitchen only seems to stay around 16 degrees in the day with no heating on. This belt is a stonking difference! You could run a steam train whistle off the Co2 gas coming out of the 2 airlocks!
I'm pleased to hear your comments on the Beavers and i'm looking forward to trying both of these wines after they have had a decent time to mature.
Cheers mate :cheers:

I found the Beverdale white kits often turned out better than the reds. Been a while since I've made one but seem to recall the Chablis blush wasn't bad either.

Latest posts

Back