Has anyone tried the Niagara Mist Kits?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murphysmum

Reaction score
And what are they like? I keep being tempted as the flavours sound lovely, but we've all been 'mislead' in the past I'm sure! (Its the tropical fruit Riesling that has perked my interest especially) Thanks!

I found the comments below in a 3 year old thread, Tony still posts here so may be able to add more.

sailaice - I am buying one of these kits this weekend, it came highly recommended by someone who has been brewing longer than me.

Has anyone else done one?

tonyhibbett - I tried something similar which turned out to be intentionally sweet and low in alcohol. It also contained artificial fruit flavouring.

sailaice - It says 7% per bottle

tonyhibbett - Exactly my point. It's not wine as we know it, Jim, just an odd Canadian concept drink, halfway between fruit cider and wine. Not my cup of tea, but who am I to judge.

Hmmmmmmmm - food for thought me thinks. Sounds like it may be a good bbq type drink, but not what I was hoping to hear. They will go on the 'give them a miss' pile for now.

Thanks for the research though - saves a £49 mistake!

Back