Asda kilner sale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jotley73

Reaction score
Asda Coryton Cardiff kilner kits lager cider and bitter £7 each. Lager starter kit £12.50 down from £35 picked up some bargains

I picked up 2 bitters and a cider today for £7 each, bargain. There doesn't appear to be any lager left.

Note that the cider is dated March 2017 but the bitter is dated either May 2016 or May 2017. I noticed that 2 of the May 2016 kits have started to ferment in the bag. That's going to get messy :whistle:

I have just picked up the bitter kit for 7 quid gonna give it a whirl to test out my new pressure barrel, is only 7 quid down the drain if i suffer any leaks on the barrel :-)

Is there many left Huw

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Quite a few of the bitter kits, not so many ciders, no lager that i could see, think as mentioned above the bitter is dated may 2016 but cider is dated may 2017.

My local asda doesn't do homebrew :mad:

Nor mine, or Tesco or Morrisons or Boots (remember when they used to be THE place for home brew?) and we don't have a Wilco either! :-(

Good job we do have a good HBS my side of town.

Bought the last cider kit £7 nice

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I had the same problem with Kilner kits.

If it's tarted to ferment in the bag, it can mean there's a small hole in allowing air in.

My beer which had started fermenting in the bag went down the drain - beautiful aromas of fart, rotten eggs, bins... Don't waste your money if it's already started fermentation in the bag, you'll have a job to rescue it.

Latest posts

Back