New Craft Beers at Aldi

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerCat

Landlord.
Reaction score
East and West Grimblestbottom under the rye
Strictly in the interest of research i have just been to Aldi and picked up these. They weren't on the normal booze shelf, think it was the specials. They had about 10 different new beers, £1.25 a pop. If anyone tries them let us know what you think. :)

IMG_0739.jpg

Strictly in the interest of research i have just been to Aldi and picked up these. They weren't on the normal booze shelf, think it was the specials. They had about 10 different new beers, £1.25 a pop. If anyone tries them let us know what you think. :)

Thanks for the heads up beercat they are right up my street citrus is king to me and I usually go in Aldi once a week so that's another fiver or so,ha

What do lidl have? They are my closest supermarket.

I can vouch for the Ruby Rooster ale, if u like a good ruby you won't be disappointed. Cheap enough already but even better with staff discount!:lol:

Ive been shopping
Bottles seem thin, would you reuse them
Beer ok at £1.25

image.jpg

I had 3 bottles last night from aldi, had new selection of about 10 different craft ales in its own section away from the other alcohol all at £1.25 for 500ml bottles. Were very nice too.

I picked up a selection of 6 of them the other day, but haven't had any of them yet. They're part of Aldi's annual "beer festival", they're not part of a permanent range, when they're gone, they're gone.

CQR, I've reused loads of those Robinson's bottles and they're great, never had a problem with one.

Tried some tonight, bit meh....the white witch one was prob the best, the strongarm ruby was a bit of a let down...they also had wadworth 6x though which was quite nice

As much as I hate to say it Lidl have a new range of their own called Hatherwood. I am pretty sure they are actually made by the Hogs Back Brewery in Tongham Surrey. Who make good beer. And they are actually not bad. The green gecko (rye IPA) is by far the best.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As much as I hate to say it Lidl have a new range of their own called Hatherwood. I am pretty sure they are actually made by the Hogs Back Brewery in Tongham Surrey. And they are actually quite good. The green Goblin (rye IPA) is by far the best good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

These have been around for a few months now. Unfortunately my lidl only stock two of the range and they are terrible

Called in my 'local' aldi today and none there. Also called in a tesco to see what they had. The usually Carling ****, leffe and a punk ipa. Boring!

I've only tried the lidl ones. Amber adder was alright. It won't set the world on fire but it's cheap and drinkable. My local usually has bornem blond and blanche de namur on offer so I go for those. That Biere de garde they have from time to time is a good shout too.

Back