Help with raisins

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerryjo

Still brewing though never get much time....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking for advice on dried raisins as I have a brew from second runnings which has First gold hops both bittering and aroma,orange peel,cardamon and nutmeg.
Shall be moving to secondary and looking to add 100g raisins rehydrated with whiskey and wondering if this is OK?

Sent from my ALE-L21

Gerry, that sounds a cool brew..whats it going into may I ask.
By the way, I would only use female raisins...more flavour apparently

Hi Robin54,it's currenlty still fermenting in a 20ltr water container but transferring at the weekend to a brew bucket/secondary FV.That's why I'm looking to put the raisins into but to be honest I didn't know there was M/F raisins.Was going to grab some form the supermarket and wondering if 100g would be enough as it's only a 10 litre batch?:cheers:

Gerry, that sounds a cool brew..whats it going into may I ask.
By the way, I would only use female raisins...more flavour apparently

That brew is something else.I had to split it with a mate who helped brew this beer.At first the cardamom was in your face with the nutmeg and no head now this was boxing night.Left for a few weeks and it mellowed with the slightest fruitiness and hint of orange.I would happily paid for it over the counter. Shall be looking too replicate it again but before Christmas 👍

Latest posts

Back