Burco Cygnet 30L Boiler.... thoughts?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My thoughts after using the ace 30l and the buffalo 40l. If you want to brew 23/25l batches without stressing and your using loads of hops the 30l version is a bit small. Now i have 2 i mash in the smaller one and boil in the larger. 35l or wort gives enough headspace to not worry about a boilover. Both great value for money in my opinion.

I'm considering one of these as a cheap SS upgrade from my plastic peco. Can you confirm that they are both weldless inside? I don't want to poison myself with lead from solder!

Another question about the variable temperature control. Can you tell if it's working by simple on/off switching which you'd probably notice if you're watching it or is it turning down (a.k.a. dimming) the supply?

I'm considering one of these as a cheap SS upgrade from my plastic peco. Can you confirm that they are both weldless inside? I don't want to poison myself with lead from solder!

Another question about the variable temperature control. Can you tell if it's working by simple on/off switching which you'd probably notice if you're watching it or is it turning down (a.k.a. dimming) the supply?

Yes the ace and buffalo are weldless inside and fairly sure they all are. They turn on and off and so if you want to dim it you will need a voltage controller.

I have a 40L Buffalo. Its perfect for my needs and works well.

I did have a problem using it at first, it would cut out from time to time. I solved this by placing the boiler on two pieces of 2x2 wood, this lets hot are escape from underneath, not cut out since.

I have a 40L Buffalo. Its perfect for my needs and works well.

I did have a problem using it at first, it would cut out from time to time. I solved this by placing the boiler on two pieces of 2x2 wood, this lets hot are escape from underneath, not cut out since.

With my buffalo i unscrewed the temp sensor and taped it to the bottom. Had no problems with cutting out so far.
The Ace used to cut out and that was caused by a build up of crud on the bottom which would also make the beer taste burned. Recirculating the mash fixed that problem.

Latest posts

Back