Fermentation great now disaster !!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicholsasab

Reaction score
Help :lol::lol:

Brewing a mango ipa great start og: 1.040 fermentation was great air lock bubbling away good pressure on the wart good scum on top of the beer.. 7 days later everything has stopped hardly any pressure being created on the lid of the bucket the scum has sunk clear liquid on top. took a gravity reeding today and got 1.010 which was my calculated finish gravity. looking to add 3kg of fresh mango should i be worried about the fermentation as i seen it should be stated for 10 to 14 days of fermentation feels like it all has stopped

Hi!
Although vigorous fermentation has ceased, the yeast is still working, cleaning up after itself. Leave it a for a couple of days and take another reading. If it is still at 1.010 then you can be sure that fermentation is over.

I did a mago beer a while back,stuck the fruit in at day 6 if i recall,left it for 5 days,racked it and left for another 4 days before bottling.Came out really nice.
Leave it alone basically,stick the fruit in however if wished.:thumb:

Did another gravity check and hit the same racked it into the secondary and added 3 kg of mango purée .. had a check today it looks like fermentation has kicked off again few bubbles in the air lock is this normal ?

Did another gravity check and hit the same racked it into the secondary and added 3 kg of mango purée .. had a check today it looks like fermentation has kicked off again few bubbles in the air lock is this normal ?

That was to be expected. Racking and adding fruit sugars brings it to life again. Relax.

I was expecting to find that it had exploded, I'd have thought 3kg of something as sweet as a mango would have gone off like a rocket!

It took my hours to cut up 3kg of mango 😂.. surprising how many fresh mangos you need 😂

Back