New kits - Mangrove Jacks craft series

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GhostShip

Reaction score
Always good to see new kits coming to market (Tiny Rebel have two coming in spring) and these from Mangrove Jacks look interesting.

Each kit includes malt extract, yeast and some contain fresh hop pellets.

The range includes a Berliner Sour, Grapefruit IPA and a Helles Lager.

11vk4yo.png

Here's the full range;

American Hoppy Porter
American Pale Ale
Belgian Saison
Berliner Sour
Bourbon Barrel Strong Ale
Helles Lager
Irish Red Ale
Pink Grapefruit IPA
Roasted Stout
Single Hopped Simcoe IPA

Yes, something new!! Ordering the Pink Grapefruit IPA right now. What kits are Tiny Rebel bringing out?

Yes, something new!! Ordering the Pink Grapefruit IPA right now. What kits are Tiny Rebel bringing out?

The Tiny Rebel kits don't appear to have been announced yet. I was assured by the guy in my local home brew shop that they were due in the spring, but he didn't have any details.

The Pink Grapefruit IPA is the one I would have chosen - let us know how it goes!

FYI, the sour kit is really good. (wife loves sours)

I'm going this next one short with Yeast Bay Funktown Pale Ale to dd some fruit and loose the banana and clove from the M20 yeast.

Hope that helps someone.

In the meantime still no new Tiny Rebel kits. Shame as the Cwtch is excellent so hoping the others will be as good.

I was drinking the pink grapefruit IPA last night.... wow delicious! I have a bad head this morning though lol

I have a silly question about these kits. The online instructions at https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0195/8620/files/V3_MJ_GENERIC_INST_HR.pdf?3084889648740892939 say:
Remove the yeast (plus hop sachet and other dry additives if included) from the dry compartment of the pouch and set aside for now.

Where is the dry compartment? Is it under the label? I have the American Hoppy Porter kit.

I haven't used these kits, but I believe there is a dry 'pocket' within the foil pack. A lot of people seem to miss it at first, but it's in there somewhere!

I have a silly question about these kits. The online instructions at https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0195/8620/files/V3_MJ_GENERIC_INST_HR.pdf?3084889648740892939 say:
Remove the yeast (plus hop sachet and other dry additives if included) from the dry compartment of the pouch and set aside for now.

Where is the dry compartment? Is it under the label? I have the American Hoppy Porter kit.

You have to open the pouch and there are 2 pockets inside - 1 has the malt extract and the other has the yeast and hops (and instructions?). HOWEVER...don't open the pouch until you are ready to make the kit as the malt extract will now be exposed to air and you cannot reseal the pouch!!!

I have made the American Pale Ale (mine came with simcoe and chinook) and the American Hoppy Porter. Both are really good and I have bought another porter to make again.

Last edited:
Always good to see new kits coming to market (Tiny Rebel have two coming in spring) and these from Mangrove Jacks look interesting.

Each kit includes malt extract, yeast and some contain fresh hop pellets.

The range includes a Berliner Sour, Grapefruit IPA and a Helles Lager.

11vk4yo.png

Here's the full range;

American Hoppy Porter
American Pale Ale
Belgian Saison
Berliner Sour
Bourbon Barrel Strong Ale
Helles Lager
Irish Red Ale
Pink Grapefruit IPA
Roasted Stout
Single Hopped Simcoe IPA

Only got a few bottles of the roasted stout left. Its very good.

Latest posts

Back