St Austell Yeast

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dunfie

Regular.
Reaction score
My father-in-law is just back from Cornwall and was raving about Tribute and has asked if I would be willing to try and make some. I have found a couple of recipes for it but does anyone know which yeast would be best to use?

I have been on the brewery tour a few times in the past. I did remember that their yeast room was huge and it contained multiple fridges loaded with the stuff. I'm not so sure as to whether they use a specific yeast for different brews or the same yeast for everything.

I haven't been there for quite a few years, so practices might have changed.

Isn't proper job bottle conditioned? if so there is a chance you could get the primary yeast. Unfortunately I haven't found PJ in any supermarkets only tribute which isn't.

All the main supermarkets stock St Austell ales down here for obvious reasons. If I can find the bottle that you want I will send it to you no problem.

aneray said:
All the main supermarkets stock St Austell ales down here for obvious reasons. If I can find the bottle that you want I will send it to you no problem.

Thats mighty generous of you. :cheers:

I could sort out a reciprocal deal with you - sort you out with beer from up here that you cannot get. :thumb:

Latest posts

Back