SMaSH using Experimental 102/44

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexislife

Reaction score
Hello,

planning on giving a smash a go on Sunday (24/01) not done one of these before but seeing as their isn't much in the way of ingredients is it possible to go too far wrong?

I got some Experimental 102/44 hops from geterbrewed because the name interested me and the description sounded pretty good.

For times and Quantities I'm look at the below, any thoughts on it please let me know:

4.5kg Maris Otter

100g Experimental 102/44
20g at 60min
30g at 15min
20g at 5min
10g at 0min
20g Dry hop 7days

Yeast Safeale US-05

IBU 34.41
Estimated ABV 4.72%

This is now happily bubbling away, a bit later than planned as ended up making something else in the interim.
Now just the waiting game, excited to see what this hop is like, the profile read nicely wen I ordered it and all smelt pretty good.

sorry to dig up an old thread, but what were the results like as I made an elderflower golden ale last year with dried elderflowers and was looking to either supplement them or replace them with a hop similar. I was also looking at Stryian Wolf hops too as a replacement..

sorry to dig up an old thread, but what were the results like as I made an elderflower golden ale last year with dried elderflowers and was looking to either supplement them or replace them with a hop similar. I was also looking at Stryian Wolf hops too as a replacement..

I've used styrian wolf. Personally I didnt think they were very elder flowery. More of the other fruityness in their description

Sorry for being slow with replying, I've been living in the french Alps for the last 6 months with limited internet access and not doing any brewing.

With the Exp 102/44 hop i definitely got more floral flavours from it than citrus, so might work for what you want, think I've got a bottle sitting in my folks garage which i'll have to crack open when i get back.

Latest posts

Back