#3 Cheers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whealsie

Reaction score
Hi All

I am new to this forum, but it looks like a really useful resource, and I hope that in some way I may be able to contribute to it.

I have recently started brewing again after a gap of about 20 years. Funnily enough, I was spurred on when I found a bottle of beer I made 24 years ago, which had improved over the intervening time. It was pretty strong, but even so...

Any way my original kit was all made from plastic fermenters and kettle elements. I was surprised when I saw the technological changes that have occurred in the interim. I really liked the look of the Grainfather and similar systems, but I wanted something that would be a little bit more repairable and made from standard, easily replaceable bits. I also wanted a greater capacity, for those brews, that you always need more of.

Its still a work in progress, and is still gently evolving but i documented the whole thing here.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kL8n8LR82x6k-0CfTWCfnvMBgqulnuL1YE6fZKZK93g/edit

Since then I have moved a few things around, added a sparging head so I can use water from my Combi boiler to sparge if needed. I do intend to do some videos of it in action. I will try to post links as and when I can. I enjoyed the process of building the beast almost as much as I enjoy using it. To get great beer as well seems to good to be true. Not only that, but my wife is even starting to like it. (I suspect the beer, rather than the machine.)

Any way this is probably over long already. I will try to post progress updates to the correct part of the forum.

Happy brewing.

Latest posts

Back