CO2 leak.......

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnbarleycorn

Reaction score
Just popped down the cave for a night time beer.....realised I had left the co2 tap on but the splitter taps off, so all OK I thought- oh no, its all gone....every single cc of gas....
I'm a lucky fella as I've got an independent pub suppliers close by that charge £20 for a large refill.
Anyway the jubilee clips aren't up to the job, can anyone give me any pointers on making the tubes leak proof where they join the various tails etc...
Cheers

jubilee clips are rubbish at smaller diameters. You could try the clips that are designed for petrol pipes as these have a better clamp arrangement.

Could you post a picture to see what set up you have.

jubilee clips are rubbish at smaller diameters. You could try the clips that are designed for petrol pipes as these have a better clamp arrangement.

Could you post a picture to see what set up you have.

I have used jubilee clips, so i guess thats my problem, i also use the stiff sort of pipe and not the squishy silicone.....i will have a look for the clips on ebay, thanks for your help:thumb:

I use the disconnects with the screw thread and push connect jg fittings. No problems so far.

jubilee clips are rubbish at smaller diameters. You could try the clips that are designed for petrol pipes as these have a better clamp arrangement. ...

I'm almost glad I'm not alone in that opinion. I've not lost all my gas because after a couple of close calls I switched to an "aquarium" style regulator with solenoid switch. The solenoid is triggered by one of those hallway light switches - you hit it, the light comes on, and a few minutes later the light (or in this case the CO2 supply) goes off again.

But I still had jubilee clips on my beer-lines. Seems the grip grows tired after a few days and with them being on beer lines that meant the joint would soon start spurting beer all over whatever was in range.

JG fittings and crimps (which you tighten with special pliers, not a screwdriver) are my solution now.

Latest posts

Back