Bottle Conditioning

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shepp

Regular.
Reaction score
Last weekend I bottles 5 gallons of cider and 3 of them very fermented very clear using Harris cider yeast.
I have had them fermenting for 6 months during that time I racked them off once.
I primed each bottle with 1 tsp of sugar, I wonder as the cider is so clear, do you think there will be any yeast there for carbonation during conditioning?

Last weekend I bottles 5 gallons of cider and 3 of them very fermented very clear using Harris cider yeast.
I have had them fermenting for 6 months during that time I racked them off once.
I primed each bottle with 1 tsp of sugar, I wonder as the cider is so clear, do you think there will be any yeast there for carbonation during conditioning?
Only one way to find out.
That's leave it a month and then open one. :thumb:

Only one way to find out.
That's leave it a month and then open one. :thumb:

I think that's the best bet.
If nothing has happened, as it's cider, I can probably empty them into the bottling bucket, add some more yeast and bottle again.
Just means another months wait before drinking if no fizz.

If they haven't fired up, a trick I picked up when doing ciders and such is to flick a grain or two of champagne yeast into each bottle. It will ferment clean over a wide range of temperatures even if alcohol is high.

Well I might well be in luck.
I light dusting of sediment has formed at the bottom of the bottles, must have been some yeast present in this crystal clear cider.

Latest posts

Back