Easy Keg 5L

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can use a cool bag with some of those blue freezer blocks in it to chill MKs.

I'm also keen to hear your thoughts on the new Klarstein.

Mainly: how well does it hold temperature and does the fan run constantly?

Yeah I have 12 of the blocks in the freezer and it annoys SWMBO to no end!

That happens to me when I've over or under tightened the dip tube. Does the O ring at the top of the tube look ok?

It looks fine, a co2 cannister would normally do 3-4 kegs easily but lately it's only doing 1.On Saturday I noticed that I could hear a very faint leak but couldn't work out where it was coming from - bloody annoying

It looks fine, a co2 cannister would normally do 3-4 kegs easily but lately it's only doing 1.On Saturday I noticed that I could hear a very faint leak but couldn't work out where it was coming from - bloody annoying

I've had the gas valve refuse to close properly on a few occasions such that the gas would continue to leak slowly into the beer even with the knob turned fully off.

I soak the thing in warm water and turn the valve off and on a few times and leave it to dry and it seems to sort itself out. Hasn't happened for a while now, touch wood.

It's here! It only came with a 2 pin plug though. Luckily my travel adapter is a fused one so I'll set it up with that temporarily, and I've ordered a proper fused screw-on adapter from Amazon which is arriving tomorrow.

aaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

It's here! It only came with a 2 pin plug though. Luckily my travel adapter is a fused one so I'll set it up with that temporarily, and I've ordered a proper fused screw-on adapter from Amazon which is arriving tomorrow.

aaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

Looks nice and shiny and doesn't look too big. I hope it is good. A lot of people on the pubshed facebook groups seem to use them.

aaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
I was a bit impatient last night and think I tried to set up too early and managed to explode a full minikeg. The rubber tubing slipped off the tap connector and started spraying everywhere. I got the keg out and over the sink but couldn't remove the bit that was causing the spray until the keg was nearly empty.

I'll make sure the keg gets plenty of time to settle and properly chill before trying again next week! I also have a feeling the rubber tubing wasn't attached properly but it's on quite far up the connector and tight now!

I was a bit impatient last night and think I tried to set up too early and managed to explode a full minikeg. The rubber tubing slipped off the tap connector and started spraying everywhere. I got the keg out and over the sink but couldn't remove the bit that was causing the spray until the keg was nearly empty.

I'll make sure the keg gets plenty of time to settle and properly chill before trying again next week! I also have a feeling the rubber tubing wasn't attached properly but it's on quite far up the connector and tight now!
I put my IPA in it yesterday and couldn't get the tap to connect. At all. It pee'd me off no end!

I had a look at it just there and realised I'd put the nozzle back in back-to-front after Friday's spraying the kitchen incident. I've turned it around and poured half a pint - it's come out beautifully! I'll have one tonight then I can't wait for Friday!

Any pictures of setting it up? Looks good.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Other than fitting the 2-pin plug adapter it didn't need much setting up. You need to add 800ml of water to the cooling resevoir, and there's a dip tube like on the Party Star with 2 connectors on it. You connect the gas to the back one and the tap to the front one.

When I load keg number 2 I'll be taking some photos for my blog so will post them then.

Just seen advert for Morrison's selling 5l kegs of hobgoblin old speckled hen budvar and warsteiner for 10 each
Once drank think am right in saying we can re use them for our selves

Just seen advert for Morrison's selling 5l kegs of hobgoblin old speckled hen budvar and warsteiner for 10 each
Once drank think am right in saying we can re use them for our selves

I've merged you thread/post with the general easy keg thread as someone has already mentioned these morrisons £10 easy kegs earlier :thumb:

I'm sure I saw an banner ad for budweiser ones when I was going past my local morrisons earlier, should anyone want one :whistle:

I think they are budvar and not that American ****. Still have two kegs full from the last offer, justa haven't had any lager drinkers over to start them

Latest posts

Back