Have a go at simple AG

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just been through another half litre of this brew and I must say I'm impressed!
Definitely brown ale type, nutty/chocolaty aroma, faint hint of fruitiness.
Alcohol wise I guess at least 3.5%, agree this is low so more of a session ale?
On finishing the bottle I said to myself, why not do another batch of this, using up the amber malt?!
Here's the pic, nice head, deep dark brown colour.
View attachment 93565
1703222449701.png

That's brilliant! You've done something outside the rule book and it's come off. I might try a beer with a high amber %. Not that high though!

How have you worked out 3.5% ?
Just a gut feel, as regular beer drinkers we know when a 5% or 6% ale hits the palate. A mackeson stout is 3% and I don't get the alcohol mouth feel. Definitely with this brew there's a reasonable alcohol content, first I thought maybe 4% but settled on 3.5%, maybe wishful thinking.

Next time I take the readings!

Just a gut feel, as regular beer drinkers we know when a 5% or 6% ale hits the palate. A mackeson stout is 3% and I don't get the alcohol mouth feel. Definitely with this brew there's a reasonable alcohol content, first I thought maybe 4% but settled on 3.5%, maybe wishful thinking.

Next time I take the readings!
I'm curious to know what SG and FG you'd get with that sort of grain bill! Thanks for sharing your experience.

Has anyone had a go at Crossmyloofs 1gallon black ipa kit "comfortably not to style"?....ive tried a bottle and it's definitely not to style🤣 taste like Guinness west indies porter if im honest, is this what its supposed to taste like or have I messed up somewhere?
I tried a 1 Gallon bitter. Timothy Taylors i think.
Maybe it was me but I won't be using them again.

Latest posts

Back