What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finishing a mini keg of bitter and then might move on to home brew hard ginger beer and/or cider later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the Sundew with Falconers Flight Dry Hop tonight, whilst everything else either ferments or ages.

IMG_20170601_200959.jpg

Chorlton Brewing Co. Melon Sour Lager. I don't know what compelled me to buy it, was what a pleasant surprise! I'm not getting lager, or melon really, but very refreshing on a summers night, without the dryness that is so common with sour beers.

IainM , it's a slippery slope with sours :grin:

p.s. you had a couple of de molen beers in your previous post. you lucky so and so :thumb: I've had 3 and liked them all so 100% hit rate from those guys.

IainM , it's a slippery slope with sours :grin:

p.s. you had a couple of de molen beers in your previous post. you lucky so and so :thumb: I've had 3 and liked them all so 100% hit rate from those guys.

Oh yeah. The Cloudwater Bergamot Sour was stunning, and the Bunxton Trolltunga Gooseberry Sour was also good.

I do like de Molen. I'd tried a few of theirs before, and enjoyed comparing the original Bommen & Granaten barley wine with the Rioja barrel aged version, and their Hel & Verdoemenis RIS is good too. I've tried a few of their IPAs before and was impressed, so I actually popped back into the bottle shop last night to get a couple more of theirs yesterday, so in the end I tried:

Dag & Dauw bergamot IPA - stunning. Really crisp and hoppy.

Frank & Vrij Vermont IPA - a little disappointing as it wasn't as hoppy as I would have hoped.

Hugs & Kisses session IPA - a bit tame but not bad, again could have done with more hops.

Unarmed & Dangerous multigrain IPA - nice, but perhaps not the sort of beer to drink on a summers night.

Tonight I opened a keg of my black IPA and was really impressed. These types of beers are better in the bottle but my tap poured a lovely pint, something that I have had an issue with recently.

Not has fizzy as the bottle but because of the high oat content it is lovely and smooth and at 7.2% they have hit the spot.

At a wedding. Reception drinks included a very nice selection of Belgian beers. I had a McChouffe and a St Bernadas 6

Went to the Northampton beer festival. Can't remember. But soon to be having a beer swap pint (an American brown ale) from chub1. Oh with a BBQ too absorb all the liquids

Had son over along with future son in law.Had a couple of Kolsch brews and then both attempted to wipe me out of my Trashy Blonde and American Brown brews:doh::lol:

A wheat beer that I racked onto strawberries in secondary. The strawberry flavour is very much there which is pleasing. I find it ok but I'm disappointed the fruit seems to have killed the head of the beer somehow (the plain version has decent head retention) and it's thinned it out even more as well (a recurring problem). Overall I don't think it's brilliant but my wife took a sip and said it was really interesting. Truly men and women are from different planets!

I've done two days of a big diy project with my dad. We've got a full suite of home brew to toast the end of the job tonight. I picked up a couple of Siren Beer bottles today too, White Tips (white IPA) and the massive 11% bourbon vanilla stout. Might save that one for another day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back