New to Brewing

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malthead

Reaction score
Good morning I am trying this again for the second time and will be looking for advice and help along the way so I have jumped in with both feet and purchased the bulldog brewer along with other equipment.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

New member getting ready to be bit by the beer bug! Cool! Keep us posted on your adventures!

Hi n welcome.

may i suggest you brew a couple of kits to get the 'cold side' procedures sorted, it would be a shame to waste 5hours or more with the bulldog to fumble on a cleaning or rinsing cock up. The 5-10 minutes of kit tin dilution that gets you to the same stage as a bull dog brewday is bad enough to forfit should a slip up occur..

There is a clear distinction between hot side and cold side of the brewing process, on the cold side (fermenting through to bottling/keging) cleanliness and hygeine are crucial as your working with 5 gallons or so of warm sweet microlife food.. And you want to keep as much of the microlife floating about in the air off and away untill our yeast have fed and exhausted the food supply.

Then there is the need to keep 02 in the air away from our brewed beer as oxygen will reduce its shelf life to a week or so,

Its all straight forward but combined with a 1st ag brewday with a new brewmachine could be a bit overwhelming all in one go.
And while IM sure you can deal with it it may make it all a bit more of a chilled and relaxed experience if you brew your first AG beer once you are confident on the cold side and only need learn the new hot side approach which due to the boil heat needednt require quite the same verging on ocd cleaning etc ;)

Latest posts

Back