Co2 - Where from?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ezraburke

DIPA Brewer
Reaction score
My keezer build is coming to fruition shortly (all pieces obtained now awaiting assembly) but i'm finding it difficult to locate Co2 in and around Dundee.

Can anyone recommend somewhere to obtain this in the Tayside area?

There's also travel involved for that one. I do have a mate in Aberdeen who comes down here every so often but i'd rather not depend on him to get it for me.

I've tried calling local places but no dice thus far - might have to ask the pub across the road where they get there supply and go from there.

Hi,

Hope this helps but it's not local to you. I am just outside edinburgh and struggled to find co2 without paying a monthly rental fee. I then found Install oil on the outskirts of Edinburgh. They deliver to me and state on their website that they courier to any where in Scotland.

Not sure how their prices compare but you only pay a deposit at the start and then pay to replace the tank each time, no monthly fee.

http://www.installoil.co.uk/products-and-services/pub-gas/30-carbon-dioxide-co2-pub-gas.html

My co2 has just blooming well leaked everywhere, so I'm probably the last person to give advice, however try an independent pub/bar suppliers- they are usually much more relaxed than the big boys, failing that there are suppliers on eBay, but it costs !

Hi,

Hope this helps but it's not local to you. I am just outside edinburgh and struggled to find co2 without paying a monthly rental fee. I then found Install oil on the outskirts of Edinburgh. They deliver to me and state on their website that they courier to any where in Scotland.

Not sure how their prices compare but you only pay a deposit at the start and then pay to replace the tank each time, no monthly fee.

http://www.installoil.co.uk/products-and-services/pub-gas/30-carbon-dioxide-co2-pub-gas.html

@AJT, that's brilliant but a quick call tells me they don't deliver to Dundee. They can courier but as the lassie said to me "It's ridiculous charges really". That said i'm through in Edinburgh in a few weeks so it might be possible to pick one up.

Size is the other thing i'm not sure about - if i'm powering one 20L keg only what size/weight/volume should i be looking at?

Try local hydroponics shop or Stewart Ramsay Fire Extinguisher products. Highland Industrial Supplies on Clepington Road do CO2 refills too.

@AJT, that's brilliant but a quick call tells me they don't deliver to Dundee. They can courier but as the lassie said to me "It's ridiculous charges really". That said i'm through in Edinburgh in a few weeks so it might be possible to pick one up.

Size is the other thing i'm not sure about - if i'm powering one 20L keg only what size/weight/volume should i be looking at?

I have a 10L bottle, well, 2 actually, 1 co2 and another co2/N, that size will last a loooong time, amazing how much gas is in them ! The other factor is the rental (if any) if the bottle lasts longer than the rental period. Bearing in mind you will need gas for purging after sterilization etc, it's not just for your beer health !

Like pintofmild I have a 10l and it last a long time and no rental. Get the biggest size you can assuming you get it rent free and you can fit it in a space you want. I have mine outside my keezer so I can get a 10l but I previously had my co2 inside the keezer so used 1.5l.

Back