Got given some free hops.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r-evans

Reaction score
If anyone is going to the Hop City beer fest in Leeds this weekend, YCH Hops have a stand there and are giving out free samples.

I got these, they had Lupulin Powder too but I didn't get any.

33203241964_9acea10f79_z.jpg

Nice one

Should have got some of the hop powder as this seems to be the next big thing in 'craft brewing'.

been reading a few articles and it looks interesting and gives a very different flavour, but seems to be difficult to get the powder to amalgamate with liquid. Has been on trial in several US micro breweries.

Nice one

Should have got some of the hop powder as this seems to be the next big thing in 'craft brewing'.

been reading a few articles and it looks interesting and gives a very different flavour, but seems to be difficult to get the powder to amalgamate with liquid. Has been on trial in several US micro breweries.

He didn't have much powder and was probably saving it to give to somebody a bit more qualified than myself.

He ripped a pack open for us to smell though, it was crazy intense. Pure concentrated hops, smelt amazing.

Hop City was an awesome beer festival. Hope they will be doing it again next year.
My favourite beer was Tropical Death Party (by Northern Monk), but that was mainly because of the name. It was a black IPA with hint of piña colada, 10% or so ABV.

The guys at the YCH stand were awesome, and very generous with their hops. My friends don't brew so I ended up with their samples too. Now just need to find some recipes to use these 600g of hops.

Any ideas:
240g palisade
120g mosaic
120g loral
60g simcoe
60g ekuanot

The only one I've ever used before is mosaic.

IMG_2884.JPG

Back