Beaverdale pinot Grigio

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cornwall

Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm brewing a beaverdale Pinot Grigio white wine I have kept it at 20 degrees racked it at 1.010 now after 8 days the reading is 0.994 I get bubbles every eight seconds.
My question is would it be better to add the stabiliser and then just leave it to clear on its own for a month or 2,or just degass for a few mins and then add the finnings I have heard of people just leaving it and they get better wine. Anyway I hope someone could help me in this matter.
Cornwall

I don't drink white, nor am I familiar with this kit but a bubble every 8 seconds means it isn't finished.

8 days? Once a bubble is less than one per minute, and SG stays the same for 3 consecutive days, then you are ready for the next stage

A

I have never read leaving a wine to degas naturally makes it better but it may be that it ages while clearing so is better for it, i degas with a drill and wand but if time is of no importance just leave it to do its thing.

One other question I have racked at 1.010 wine is now clearing with all finnings added how long can I leave it in Fv before I have to bottle it the reason I ask is I have to go away on some business and could be away for about a week so I'm a. It scared as it's a very good wine and I don't won't go leave it anyway last question on the beaverdale wine.
Thanks guys

Cornwall

One other question I have racked at 1.010 wine is now clearing with all finnings added how long can I leave it in Fv before I have to bottle it the reason I ask is I have to go away on some business and could be away for about a week so I'm a. It scared as it's a very good wine and I don't won't go leave it anyway last question on the beaverdale wine.
Thanks guys

Cornwall

If it is anything like the Beaverdale red then it will not be a problem. In fact it will probably benefit from the extra time without being disturbed. ;) Do not worry.

I have made this kit several times and after racking left it about 4 weeks before touching it and degassing it and it turned out lovely. If it's airtight then I would say you will have no worries at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you very much for your replies you have put my mind at rest.
Regards Cornwall

Latest posts

Back