New! Brewing Cooper's English Bitter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noodle

noodle
Reaction score
Hi! I'm new here and this is my first brew so pleased to meet you all:)

My brother got me a brewing set for my 21st and it came with Cooper's English Bitter. However the kit had no instructions.
I've figured out most of it from online but still have some questions.

The kit came with; the tin of English bitter, yeast, 500g light spray malt and a pack of Cooper's carbonation drops (as I'll be bottling it).

I've seen online some people add brewing sugar as well to their brew at the start. Should I do this and if so will I still need the carbonation drops at bottling? I would like a fairly strong ABV but don't want to blindly make mistakes and get bottle bombs.
I plan on letting it ferment for about 2 weeks how does this sound?

I'd also like to add to add some hoppiness! A little but not overpowering. Any suggestions on the best way to do this?

Before you ask, yes I'm hooked already :D

Thanks!
Noodle

Hello
If you want it stronger you can add more sugar,for stronger with more body add more malt. Either way you will still need to add your priming drops/sugar when bottling as this starts a secondary fermentation in the bottle and carbonates your beer. Make sure you take some gravity readings to understand what's happening with your brew. Leave it for at least two weeks and don't keep fiddling with it!

Cheers

Clint

Latest posts

Back