Parameters for inkbird 308

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, not too complicated really, the key parameters are the target temperature e.g. 20°C and the hot / cold threshold values, I'd nominally set these to 0.5 °C. Provided you have the probe fixed to the side of the fermenter with some insulation over the top (bubble wrap) then the thermal mass of 23L of wort means the temperature changes slowly. I've have had a problem with one of mine where the heat part of it is a little too strong (60W) so it overshoots, on that I've set the cooling threshold to 1°C so that it doesn't cycle. You may need to experiment a little with your own set up.

I leave the compressor delay set to 3 minutes to protect the fridge, and the alarms to whatever suits, think mine are at 25°C and 15°C but as my brew fridge is out in the garage I'm unlikely to hear them going off anyway.

Anyone got any good info on parameters to ensure steady temperature with an inkbird 308
I generally go for a 1C trigger over or under the target temperature. 10mins for the compressor delay. That said, as yet, the fridge has not kicked in at all for fermenting since I first set it up in December. I did make use of it over Easter to chill a range of beers ready for visitors.

You might find useful information on this previous thread on the same sort of topic: http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=63906

Last edited:
I use the 308 and set heater to the minimum value of 0.3 and chiller to 1.

I have my probe sampling air temp and aim to keep it at 20.5 C.

Has worked fine for me.

I have a separate temp probe on the brew as described above to monitor wort temp. Usually Find it rises to 21.5 then slowly drops back down.

I have 2...both set at 20,+ /- 1, one is in a brew fridge with a tube heater and one is on a heat tray..all in the garage. Both seem to be working fine although I have a suspicion that the fridge is controlling much more accurately. ..

Cheers

Clint

I have tried it now and left it at the factory settings but set it to 15c it seems to keep quite steady +\- 1 or 2. Which I don't think will affect my fermentor much. I've not had chance to brew yet.

It will be fine.

The air temp in my fridge does oscillate a bit and tends to stablise more when the brew is in there.

Go for it, you'll be fine.

Hi,

For an on/off temperature control, like ITC-308, I think 1 degree will be better. If you need a steady temperature, PID thermometer will do better, ITC-100VH, ITC-106VH(simple setting, the updated ITC-100).

Back