Connections

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dyl281

Reaction score
Hi all.

I'm new to all this but slowly getting the hang of stuff. Currently on my first batch of coopers and have just bottled it up.
Ideally for the next batch I'd like to use a pump setup. Now I've got the pump/tower from ebay. It's a 4 tap one like you'd find in a pub with 2 large pipes and 4 thin pipes (about 6 mm) coming from underneath.

Could someone please suggest what I require to connect to a normal beer line and where to get it. I've made a few blind purchases from ebay but not got it right so far!

Any help/suggestions appreciated

Hmm I think you'v bought something here thats probably a little too advanced for a home brew set up. the 2 wider pipes are used to pump coolant around the tower and the 4 thinner ones are the beer lines.

It's something similar to this

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=4+tap+beer+pump&client=ms-android-samsung&source=android-browser&prmd=sivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjhvs_2ocDTAhWGLsAKHW5pBjIQ_AUICCgC&biw=360&bih=564#imgrc=-nJrKBrU4GBq7M:

I'm assuming they're all not a standard size?

You will probably be looking at cornie kegs then to store the beer in, that will involve Co2 gas tank, regulator, ball or pin lock fittings depending on the keg and probably some kind of fridge/freezer to store the kegs in. If the two thicker pipes are for coolant then it isn't essential to hook them up if you go with a keezer. You will need to find out what size pipe the beer lines coming out from your tap array are and these could well end up needing reducers on them to take you to a larger size pipe. Do some research on keezer/kegerator builds to give yourself a better understanding.

Homebrewtalk has a dedicated section on them http://www.homebrewtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=252

Back