Sgt Pepper 50 the anniversary remix

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godsdog

Landlord.
Reaction score
Has just smashed back in the album charts at number one, side 1 is the original album with slightly different arrangements by Giles Martin son of the original producer George and side 2 giving us different takes on the original track listing with a 2015 update on strawberry fields and a 2017 update on penny lane,all in all still a great album from a group that changed everything in the 60s and available for a free listen on Spotify, Triffic,absolutely Triffic

Incredible album still doing the rounds at my drum. Not bothered about a 'remix' and it's still not the White Album....

Incredible album still doing the rounds at my drum. Not bothered about a 'remix' and it's still not the White Album....
if I had to pin down my favourite album by them I think Abbey road just shades it as I absoloutley love the uninterrupted melody of the second side which considering that most of it was at the time just bits of throw away odd snippets of unfinished songs was a testament to theirs and George Martins sheer brilliance:thumb:

if I had to pin down my favourite album by them I think Abbey road just shades it as I absoloutley love the uninterrupted melody of the second side which considering that most of it was at the time just bits of throw away odd snippets of unfinished songs was a testament to theirs and George Martins sheer brilliance:thumb:

My favourite band by far. Thanks for heads-up on Spotify, I've just put it on. I've played them to death that much that I try to stay away from them for periods so that they sound fresh. The remarkable thing is that I still hear new things in their music.

If you get the opportunity, take the National Trust tour of Paul and John's houses in Liverpool. I was completely shocked that Paul was working class and John was middle class.

+1, love the completeness of the second side with all tracks edited together!

Latest posts

Back