Lazy

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tau

Landlord.
Reaction score
Been so lazy of late, need to bottle at least 5 gallons, rack four and soon another 4. Stocked up on honey for mead, rgj in fridge and frozen fruits and bags of dried fruits and garden is ready to produce ingredients as well. Need to pull finger out, but have wine to drink :)

Anyone else feeling lazy?

I have racked tonight and am now clearing, i put it off as long as i could but stocks are running low.

Yeah - I need to get more wine on the go. Been focusing too much on ale ! I've only got an Elderberry and Rose fermenting in DJ's.

But for tonight .... like you ... there is wine to be drunk.

Tomorrow I'm going to pick some strawberries to stock up for strawberry vino !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomorrow I'm going to pick some strawberries to stock up for strawberry vino !
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked 1 ripe strawberry today, yeah! In the freezer, will be dribs & drabs this year, bought 600g of frozen yesterday, along with blueberrries and blackberries in farm foods for £5. No sugar there for 39p though :cry:

i know what you mean, been staring at 20 litres of Kenridge Nebiolo that needed bagging up for a week, same with ten litres of rhubarb wine and been meaning to start a new beer off - trying coopers draught with a citra dry hop. Went down the allotment instead, back now and have just started to sort out all of the above.

Been so lazy of late, need to bottle at least 5 gallons, rack four and soon another 4. Stocked up on honey for mead, rgj in fridge and frozen fruits and bags of dried fruits and garden is ready to produce ingredients as well. Need to pull finger out, but have wine to drink :)

Anyone else feeling lazy?

I know the feeling, I should have bottled about 2 weeks ago now but been putting it off. Ended up finding a king keg that was empty ( the horror) so cleaned it and put some malt extract and sugar into it to prime and thought nothing more of it. That was yesterday, and this morning I saw some leakage, its carbed so much already that it's forcing itself through the gap through the gasket where the tap is. And, it's pretty tasty n all ;)

But I have my first all grain that needs to be bottled aswell and I'm lacking the motivation to clean the bottles so instead took the yeast wash that was left from the barrel yesterday that I added more water to and 1kg of sugar to and added 2L RGJ, 2L tropical and 8L apple juice and now left it outside to warm up and get brewing.

Even tidied my brewing station.....all to put off cleaning bottles, anyone else despair at the thought of bottle cleaning ?

I picked 1 ripe strawberry today, yeah! In the freezer, will be dribs & drabs this year, bought 600g of frozen yesterday, along with blueberrries and blackberries in farm foods for �£5. No sugar there for 39p though :cry:

Tescos were doing 1kg of strawberrys for 3 squid the other day, I don't know if they still are tho

I've had a gallon of RGJ, rasp, apple "clearing" for about 4 months now, i might get round to bottling it "soon"

Latest posts

Back