Mini Corny Kegs.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr_bridger

Reaction score
Just a quickie, thinking of getting a 9L corny keg as space is limited, once there is beer in it and force carbed, is there any real issue with storing it in a fridge on its side?

Obviously will stir up any sediment, but aside from that?

Just a quickie, thinking of getting a 9L corny keg as space is limited, once there is beer in it and force carbed, is there any real issue with storing it in a fridge on its side?

Obviously will stir up any sediment, but aside from that?
When you get half way the tube won't be touching the beer so won't come out

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Yeah I understand that, I'd pull it out of fridge and fit a jacket to it. Mainly like a party keg.

I've got a full sized fridge freezer in the garage, top fridge is full of bottles, bottom freezer half full of hops :-D I can't have another fridge! Lol.

Unless I modified the lower shelf so it could stand upright, and then still have room for some bottles on the other side.

Ideally just need it in fridge until chilled, then bring it in and sup!

You could try it lying down, coz it's forced carbonated, there shouldn't be that much sediment, it's wether it leaks or not is the problem, I used to work with Cornelius kegs that had soft drinks in them, you always gets a leaker at some point​ LOL

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back