ACE Microbrewery

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have done about 3 brews on my Ace Microbrewery (with a bavarian wheat beer boiling right now) and can say its an awesome bit of kit. It has made the brewing process a lot smoother. I have come from brewing in a bag and really glad I made the jump.
By adjusting the size of the overflow tube I have been able to successfully do a smaller batch (10 litres) without any hassle. This has opened up the option to do smaller trial brews to test grains and hops better.

I have done about 3 brews on my Ace Microbrewery (with a bavarian wheat beer boiling right now) and can say its an awesome bit of kit. It has made the brewing process a lot smoother. I have come from brewing in a bag and really glad I made the jump.
By adjusting the size of the overflow tube I have been able to successfully do a smaller batch (10 litres) without any hassle. This has opened up the option to do smaller trial brews to test grains and hops better.
New member from Sweden here :)
I ordered the Ace last week and it will arrive soon and I usually brew smaller batches with BIAB and was just thinking about how to brew small batches in the Ace. Can you explain how you do this?

have you got details and photos of the overflow pipe
as I would like to do small trial brew like yourself

I'm thinking of buying one, can you gimme a bit of feedback of the ACE thingy wotsit boiler jobby please. If I get one ill form a gang and we can all join......

Hi all, read all the posts with great interest and my Ace system should arrive today. One question, has anyone connected a reverse wort chiller to the pump outlet (similar to the grainfather), and if so any problems with hop debris. I'm assuming one would have to put in some sort of filter to stop trub etc getting into the pump inlet.

cheers Nick

Hey Gang, after a long wait mine arrived Wednesday, upacked it and gave it a warm up with some water and oxyclean to give it a little wash and ran thru pump etc.

Now to brew day on sunday, anyone give me some pointers to programme in the steps and the power setting,

ie step 1 mash in at eg. 73c for 10 mins to allow stirring in grains etc then step 2 66 for 60mins power. ?

thanks in advance

R

Made a hood for the Guten (as it's called in Australia) will keep my wattage to a minimum during the boil. Last thing I want is a burnt out element.

001.JPG

Made a hood for the Guten (as it's called in Australia) will keep my wattage to a minimum during the boil. Last thing I want is a burnt out element.
look grate need more details how and what you use to make it

Hi,
Just read some previous posts and one caught my eye. When brewing with the Ace I was under the assumption that you mashed with your water (16l seems popular) then sparge with 16 L thro the grains and into your 'boiler' making 32 L for the boil.
BUT what I think I read was that after your mash, drain off the liquid, (put to one side) then add 16l of water to the tun and recirculate this thro the grains, and then add the 2 lots together and boil.
Thoughts on this

Cheers Nick

It might well rinse a bit more sugars from the grain, especially if you gave it a stir, but it would add at least an hour on your brew day. For what little it might gain, personally I don't think it's worth the bother.
I might consider it for a very occasional high gravity beer.

look grate need more details how and what you use to make it
Chinese sell everything shop, don't know if you have them over there.

Probably buy them off Aliexpress under mixing bowls, cut a hole in the top used another stainless steel utensil with the top cut off riveted that onto the bowl, and three lugs on the inside to hold it in position(also rivets).
Took me longer to get round to doing it than it did to make it.
The lauter helix is next.

I was thinking this could be fixed to a kitchen extractor fan
which would work grate also cut down wattage power used for rolling boil

Latest posts

Back