Gnarly Fox

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I happen to have one of these in the fridge.

After a tasting my vote is on :

Warrior or challenger English bittering hop.

Saz or tettanger as the flavour/aroma hop. And then Amarillo dry hop (I mean like maybe a pellet or two, not much at all) to top it off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How do you get it that thin though? Perhaps i should say crisp but you know what i mean. Perhaps a high attenuating yeast? I have enjoyed my Lagers but they still always have more body.

How do you get it that thin though? Perhaps i should say crisp but you know what i mean. Perhaps a high attenuating yeast? I have enjoyed my Lagers but they still always have more body.

Lower mash temp. Lager yeast ferment more of the sugars that ale yeast can't ferment. Or add an adjunct like rice, flaked maize or even sugar which with thin the body out

Lower mash temp. Lager yeast ferment more of the sugars that ale yeast can't ferment. Or add an adjunct like rice, flaked maize or even sugar which with thin the body out

I think you've nailed it there @myqul it was the lack of body, or lagery type thinness that I couldn't get my head around.

On the basis that they would have to be making these beers for less than 40p a 550ml bottle all in. Then a good way of getting alcohol content is to substitute expensive grain for adjunct like corn sugar/maize etc and the you get that lager like thinner body.

TBH I don't know if I would want to make a clone of this beer. But I think I would want to make an improved version of it tho [emoji1303]

and maybe even send Hatherwood a bottle [emoji23]

I think you've nailed it there @myqul it was the lack of body, or lagery type thinness that I couldn't get my head around.

On the basis that they would have to be making these beers for less than 40p a 550ml bottle all in. Then a good way of getting alcohol content is to substitute expensive grain for adjunct like corn sugar/maize etc and the you get that lager like thinner body.

TBH I don't know if I would want to make a clone of this beer. But I think I would want to make an improved version of it tho [emoji1303]

and maybe even send Hatherwood a bottle [emoji23]

I might give it a go. But just a 5L stove topper. I'd change it a bit though because I dont have any amarillo, so I thought using EKG for the dry hop would be nice

Latest posts

Back