Advice on dry hopping?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does a hop tea give you the exact same results as dry? As in aroma, flavour etc.
I'm thinking of using my biab bag. Don't want to cut it down so I'll fold it and tie it so the hops still have space to expand.
Tired of the muslins now. They soak up loads of beer, and I'll hopefully get less 'drippage' when pulling it out :)

I have no idea as I haven't tried yet(next brew). I believe you steep the hops at 80c so will be slightly different??
I've also never herd of micro breweries using the method, not sure if theres a reason why?
Still worth a go, ive only heard home brewers say good about the method:thumb:

I really don't get the hop tea thing. The point of dry hopping is to add aromas lost in the boil, so heating hops in water is counter-intuitive. Especially as the boiling point of some of these hop acids is so low.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

80c whirlpool is a really good way to get hop aroma but very little bitterness into a brew.

It is, but still about 16C too hot for myrcene oil (147F/64C), if you want that big American citrus/orange thing in your beer. Dry-hopping is the most effective way of achieving this.

Definitely has its benefits if you want to bottle but wished ud dry hopped. Like myself :)

80c whirlpool is a really good way to get hop aroma but very little bitterness into a brew.

If you can't whirlpool a good alternative is to hop stand for half an hour and give the wort a good stir every ten minutes.

What about the hops in this bad boy, not sure I could handle it

IMG_0563.jpg

Latest posts

Back