London tower block inferno

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just seen Camden, Tottenham and Barnet councils have high rise buildings clad in the same flammable material, I would imagine one or two of them are Labour run councils.

I thought it was just the the 'Wicked Tory's :twisted: ' that did such things to the 'poor people' they are supposed to hate :hmm:

I doubt for a minute anyone believes the Tory or Labour councils knew the cladding was flammable or have any feelings of hatred towards their tenants. :roll:

I doubt for a minute anyone believes the Tory or Labour councils knew the cladding was flammable or have any feelings of hatred towards their tenants. :roll:

Just I heard someone shouting murderer at a Theresa May when she visited Grenfell last week.

Also one of the main chants during the Day Of Rage March was -

'Hey! Hey! Theresa May! How many kids did you kill today?'

In fairness the main thrust of the initial anger surrounding the fire was directed at the Tories - including saying that the cladding was only put up so that the 'posh Tory' neighbours didn't have to look at ugly social housing (which is utterly ridiculous) and that as a Tory run council blind eyes were turned towards building regulations etc.

Just I heard someone shouting murderer at a Theresa May when she visited Grenfell last week.

Also one of the main chants during the Day Of Rage March was -

'Hey! Hey! Theresa May! How many kids did you kill today?'

You say the main chant yet this is the first i have heard of it have you any proof, i am sure it would have been the Daily Mails headline the day after and quoted by the rest soon after.

If it was true unfortunately like racist chants at football matches you cannot stop those of limited intelligence having their say.

You say the main chant yet this is the first i have heard of it have you any proof, i am sure it would have been the Daily Mails headline the day after and quoted by the rest soon after.

If it was true unfortunately like racist chants at football matches you cannot stop those of limited intelligence having their say.

I haven't heard any of those chants. However, here's some footage of Teresa May being booed by Grenfell residents:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-40374193/london-fire-theresa-may-booed-at-grenfell-visit

So if that opinion is 'ridiculous', what has significantly changed to elevate his apparent standing with the electorate from zero to apparent hero (to some) in the two month period I mentioned, all election pledges aside.

I think its a combination of Corbyn much doing better than expected during the GE and May doing far worse than expected that has elevated Corbyn in the electorates standing. If only one of these things had happened I dont think his standing would be percieved as quite so high (remember, perception is everything in politics)

Even though I dont. follow exactly what Corby gets up to, I think he is a far shrewder politician than he has been made out to be. Conversely the media made May out to be the new Thatcher. I think she's a far less able politician than she thinks she is (look at all the mistakes she's recently made. A far more shrewder politician wouldnt have made these).

So again perception comes into play, well expection. Every one was thinking Corbyn would have been replaced as Labour leader now, instead he's cemented his position. So people are thinking perhaps this guy know what he's doing. He's a competent politician but perhaps no more than that but expectations were so low of him it makes him seem to be a new left wing hero. On the the other side, May was going to get 150+ majority and we were going to have a 1000yr conservative reich (ok another 10 - 15 years of Conservative administration) but instead she's cocked things up quite badly for the Conservative. But I've read (from both sides of the political divided) that's she's the worst PM this country has ever had. Really? Or is this because expectations were so high she could never live up to them unless she delivered those 10-15yrs

But I've read (from both sides of the political divided) that's she's the worst PM this country has ever had. Really? Or is this because expectations were so high she could never live up to them unless she delivered those 10-15yrs

Her biggest mistake and the start of the rot was not taking part in the T.V debate they belittled her and remember JC was not going to take part either but they seemed to forget that fairly quickly.

This was brilliant -

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SACmlP3Cz9E[/ame]

Her biggest mistake and the start of the rot was not taking part in the T.V debate they belittled her and remember JC was not going to take part either but they seemed to forget that fairly quickly.

This was brilliant -

And this is why I think Corbyn is a far more astute politician that he is given credit for. When May said she wasnt going to do the debates he would have remembered Cameron getting stick for doing the same, so quickly changed his position. No one would remembers him originally saying he wasnt going to take part and everyone focuses on May taking part . He knew this would happen.

All May had to do was change her position too. No one would have given her stick for it, in fact people would have lauded her for it (provided she gave the right excuse for the change of mind) because everyone would be rubbing their hands together in anticipation and thinking 'game on' and not worrying too much about why she's changed her mind. Instead her thinking is too rigid for modern agile, media driven politics and can only change her position when forced to do so which is seen as a polical 'faux par'

Instead her thinking is too rigid for modern agile, media driven politics and can only change her position when forced to do so which is seen as a polical 'faux par'

She didn't take part because she knew she couldn't handle it and saying i am going to be spending my time concentrating on brexit and JC should be doing the same was a sign of weakness.

This was brilliant -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SACmlP3Cz9E

I have to say Tim Farron is the only man I can think of, that at any possible moment, I could instantly launch a full blooded right hand straight into his stupid, winging little face :mad:

But you are quite right about the debate :)

I used to like Tim Farron he answered questions directly (how many of them do that) and took the **** out of his party to a certain degree what put me off him was him constantly telling the leavers they didn't understand what they were voting for and a hard brexit was not the way to go.

He was only ever a zero in the eyes of those who do not want to see.

This one of the many moments when i thought this guy seems a decent bloke trying to make the laughing stock known a prime ministers questions into something worth the time spent reporting it, if you don't want to watch it all at least watch the first minute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TUKGijIzoI
I was rather hoping for more than he's a 'decent bloke' when I asked you to suggest an alternative to my view that sweeties had been the main reason for JC and the Labour Party's revival of fortunes, which you described as ridiculous.
I know lots of 'decent blokes', and I'm sure there are many on this Forum. Whether or not they would make a good PM or have suitable political views is another matter.
However if the electorate are now choosing a party to govern based on whether the leader is a 'decent bloke', rather than the policies the party has, God help us all.

However if the electorate are now choosing a party to govern based on whether the leader is a 'decent bloke', rather than the policies the party has, God help us all.

I have edited my post below to make it more accurate and keep the pedants happy.

So if that opinion is 'ridiculous', what has significantly changed to elevate his apparent standing with the electorate from zero to apparent hero (to some) in the two month period I mentioned, all election pledges aside.

He was only ever a zero in the eyes of those who do not want to see.

This one of the many moments when i thought Jeremy Corbyn is someone i could quite happily vote for and did he tried to make the laughing stock known a prime ministers questions into something worth our time viewing, if you don't want to watch it all at least watch the first minute.

Thank you Mr speaker, i want to thank all those who took part in an enormous democratic exercise in this coutry which concluded with me being elected as leader of the labour party and leader of the opposition ........

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TUKGijIzoI[/ame]

I said on here months ago I would have him as PM in a min but I'm sure it was frowned upon, he is the best of a rotten bunch.
I just can't trust the snobbish arrogant PM and her cronies, the sight of Ian Duncan Smith (absolute worst ****) laughing at cuts to the disability benefits last year left me more angry than I can remember.
Taxi for May 😂😂😂😂

I said on here months ago I would have him as PM in a min but I'm sure it was frowned upon, he is the best of a rotten bunch.
I just can't trust the snobbish arrogant PM and her cronies, the sight of Ian Duncan Smith (absolute worst ****) laughing at cuts to the disability benefits last year left me more angry than I can remember.
Taxi for May 😂😂😂😂

But do you really want a taxi for May? We're just about to enter the almighty cluster-F*ck omnishambles that is the Brexit negotiations. Do you want the Conservatives, who's idea it was to have a referendum in the first place taking the blame. Or Corbyn, who will take the blame once in Gov'ment if there is an another election anytime soon?

Ok,let her flounder through this farce,I honestly have never seen another politician ignore direct questions like her,she has the biggest brass neck Ive ever seen. My 16yr old daughter came home last week with a JC t-shirt,she has more sense than I had at that age 😉

Ok,let her flounder through this farce,I honestly have never seen another politician ignore direct questions like her,she has the biggest brass neck Ive ever seen. My 16yr old daughter came home last week with a JC t-shirt,she has more sense than I had at that age 😉

It's completely of her own making. She obviously believed (perhaps she just wanted to believe?) all the polls that told her she was going to get a stonking majority. I'm enjoying watching her hoisted by her own petard/hubris. Let it be a lesson for politicians of all stripes not to take the electorate for granted

By the sound of it she has more sense than you have now :lol:

Latest posts

Back